Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney + Cant turn off audio guide

Jump to solution
I don't understand the reasoning about 4K issues... My TV & Roku player both support 4K and I've never had this issues with any of the other apps I use. BUT switching to stereo did work so thank you!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

This has nothing to do with 4K, the issue was the audio description track, and the fact that the app won't let users change audio tracks.  I am glad the solution worked, but it is not mine, I simply found this group, after wasting over an hour with disney tech support, and being told that my roku was the problem.  Glad it worked for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Sorry if I somehow accidentally tagged you or something in my response. I've never used this forum before. I was writing in response to the first comment I saw about this fix, which started something any the audio track not being compatible with a 4K TV.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Cant Turn Off Audio Guide Narration

Jump to solution

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! My daughter and I thank you for posting this! We have been trying to figure this out for 2 days!!  Whoop!! 👍👍👍🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for this - I had the same problem, and it fixed it for me! I also had an issue with some content having no audio, or playing in Spanish! Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

What worked for me is to select * then go to accessibility> turn on Audio guide > exit out of the movie then go back to playing the movie you’ll be able to change the audio track, when you do, you can then turn off the audio guide.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just resolved this with the help of a knowledgeable Disney+ agent.  In Roku, go to settings and change the Audio from Dolby Digital to Stereo...fixed it right up.  A different Disney agent was unable to assist; but this one got it right from the start.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Did the agent happen to say when they would fix their app?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for this. I was having trouble with it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This isn’t a fix. If you have surround sound and do this you can no longer use surround sound when watching anything in Roku.

0 Kudos