Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Cant Turn Off Audio Guide Narration

Jump to solution
I fixed it!! For me it was a mismatch in audio settings. I was watching on a 4k tv and the only compatible audio track is with descriptions. I went into the roku audio settings, switched to stereo only and the problem was fixed
Highlighted

Jump to solution
You did It! You fixed it! It worked! Your genius!
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

While playing a show on Disney +, say The Little Mermaid, press * once, the option menu shows up, no matter what Roku you have you want to go to the bottom item, Accessibility, there's a >, press it, if it says ON click right >  turn it OFF, exit the option menu.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney + Cant turn off audio guide

Jump to solution

This is not solved. I've tried every solution posted here and more. Disney+ on Roku STILL will not turn off the audio description of anything I'm watching. When I go to settings, it says it's already off. When I turn it it on and then off to reset, still doesn't change anything. I'm so frustrated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Yes! This worked for me, too! Thanks, fellow user! I went to roku settings and turned it to Stereo. Fixed!
Highlighted

Jump to solution
It worked for me too!!!! Finally!! Thanks so much, you’re amazing!! Now time to watch some Frozen without a British lady explaining what every snowflake looks like!!! 😂😂
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
Changing the audio settings to stereo worked for me too! Thanks for the help @Nomolos!
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
You are a genius! I have been trying to figure this out for days now! Thank you sooo much!!!! Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Please give us a viable solution.
Disney plus help faqs are a joke.
I'm paying for this service I would like it to actually work properly.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

EDIT:  Never mind, this dummy finally got how to turn this ON!  (* on remote; Audio Track 2 of 3 is English [Audio Description]; Close.)

@RokuTannerD  So on the flip side of this coin, if I may ask here, how would one turn this *on*? Since my husband and I discovered audio description (Xfinity cable calls it "video description" - same thing apparently.) We've found it actually helps us not miss things we might otherwise, or if you're in hearing range of the tv but not looking directly at it for a bit.

Anyway, our Roku is 3 / 4230x.  I would love to turn this on Disney+.  And heck, other Roku channels.  (But knowing how to turn it off is good to know too, in case.)  Thanks, TD!

Roku 4230x - 1080HD//SonyBravia55 TV-4K//Ethernet
Favorite/most used channels:Netflix, Hulu, DC Universe, Disney+, PlutoTV, Criterion, Prime, Starz