Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Cant Turn Off Audio Guide Narration

Jump to solution

YES!!  That was the issue!  It was a mismatch of audio settings between the TV & my Roku Express.  A quick change in the audio settings on my Roku to Dolby, and then I went back to the audio track settings while in while in the movie, and had way more options! Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney + Cant turn off audio guide

Jump to solution

Same problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Go to the Home page on Roku, find Settings, then go to Audio and change auto-detect to Stereo.  Once that is done, you can go to the Disney+ channel, and set the audio track of any of the content that you want to watch.  The Disney+ channel is the only channel that has to be set this way.  All of the other channels that we stream from are able to auto-detect and make full use of my surround system. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've tried everything on the Roku ultra and it WON'T TURN OFF. It is useless to me and I will cancel it if you can't fix it. Seems to be a VERY common problem, why can't you fix it?????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tanner

Please provide a solution that works or allow someone else to do so.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Disney+ can not auto detect audio streams that any of the Roku send out, so you need to go to the Home Screen on the Roku, go to Settings, then Audio, and set the audio to Stereo. Once you do that, the Disney+ app will let you set the audio track, and not have to put up with the narration feature.  I have two different Roku devices, and had to do it on both of them.  I have asked Disney to fix this issue, as all the other apps that I use can Auto Detect the audio stream, so I just have to change the setting for Disney.

0 Kudos