Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Z0nezero
Level 7

Disney+ Cant Turn Off Audio Guide Narration

Jump to solution

Disney plus has Audio guide turned on and there is no option to turn it off. I’ve installed and removed the app and have reinstalled it. Still same issue. I appreciate the accessibility options but I do not need this. This service is useless to me with this option on. HELP!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Disney + Cant turn off audio guide

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Thanks for the note.

Try hitting the * key during playback, and try changing your 'Audio track' to an option that does not include 'audio description'. This should allow you to receive an audio track that does not include voice narration. 

If that isn't resolving the issue, please contact Disney+ support here for more assistance: https://help.disneyplus.com/

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

43 Replies
Tes5081
Level 7

Disney+ - Audio Descriptions On?

Jump to solution
Using my Roku Stick, the audio descriptions are on all videos by default and I can't get them off. Using the settings in the * menu, I see the option to change them. I can change it to a non-english language and they go away, but if I then try to change it back to English (option #1), it reloads the video with English by the audio descriptions have turned on again. Checking the * menu again, it again shows English - Audio Descriptions (option #2). No such issue on my mobile app. Any tips?
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Thanks for the note.

Try hitting the * key during playback, and try changing your 'Audio track' to an option that does not include 'audio description'. This should allow you to receive an audio track that does not include voice narration. 

If that isn't resolving the issue, please contact Disney+ support here for more assistance: https://help.disneyplus.com/

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

Jump to solution
Having this same issue! Audio descriptions automatically display on Disney+ and won’t turn off. Tapping the * key four times does nothing
ARCFives
Level 7

Jump to solution
I am having the same issue and that is not the fix. I’ve tried turning off the Audio guide through the Roku itself already and it’s still on Disney+ but no other app which leads me to believe its a Disney problem, not a Roku problem.
uualt3r
Level 8

Jump to solution
Same problem here on Roku Ultra. Seems that Disney+ phones and live chat are bogged down. No luck getting through yet.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@ARCFives @uualt3r @RyanidePoison 

Which model of Roku device are you using? Just to clarify, you are referring to the Audio Guide feature, where on screen text is being read aloud to you when you navigate inside the channel? Or are you referring to closed captioning?

If closed captioning, try logging into your Disney+ account on a computer. Play a title that you have been seeing closed captions on. During playback, click the icon in the upper righthand corner of the screen, and look for the subtitles options. Try turning this 'Off'. Then, go back to the Disney+ channel, and try to play that title again. Does this resolve the issue? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Modatelier
Level 7

Jump to solution
The narrative audio is coming from the MOVIES!! Not the Roku!! I agree it might be a Disney+ issue... we’ve been trying to turn it off but all the movies have a narrating audio
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
We are using a Roku 4. The issue is that when we play a video on Disney Plus, it plays a descriptive audio track for the visually impaired. Describing everything on the screen. It’s turned off in our roku settings and we can’t turn it off in the Disney plus app
We’ve installed the app on our fire stick and a ps4 and it works just fine. So there’s some sort of issue or compatibility problem with the app on Roku
uualt3r
Level 8

Jump to solution
I'm using the Roku Ultra 4660. It's not the Audio guide feature because it's not dictating the menu options (I double-checked that feature is turned off). It's the narration. A narrator describes actions taken by the characters. For example, in The Little Mermaid, it starts by saying "and now, in a cartoon, seagulls fly over grey clouds..."

There is also no option to change the audio track. In the menu, it says "Only the default audio track is available".

Edit: I am not referring to closed captions and that feature is turned off as well.
0 Kudos