Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Discovery + subscription shows it is inactive

Purchased a discovery + subscription on Roku. When I try to launch it, I get the message: inactive subscription. ideas to resolve?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 21

Re: Discovery + subscription shows it is inactive

Check your subscriptions at https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions

0 Kudos
Level 8

It shows that is an Active Subscription. The Inactive status shows on my Roku player on my TV.

Level 8

BTW, does Roku have a chat feature that I can access? They are no longer taking phone calls.

0 Kudos
Level 19

If you subscribed through Roku, rather than through some other 3rd party or directly on the discoveryplus.com website, can you access it through The Roku Channel?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 1

@Dejacobs  I am having the same issue. Can't find an answer anywhere, have been charged for the month, and a week in can't watch #discovery+. 

Makes no sense. Says "inactive subscription", prompts me to select a plan, I select, then it reads "you have already purchased this product"....go to help.discovery blahblah

my roku reads, active till next month.

It's stupid! The website gives no info!

0 Kudos
Level 8

Here's how I solved this issue:

1) Went to my Roku account and cancelled the subscription.

2) Launched the discovery+ website and setup sign-in info.

3) Purchased the subscription through the discovery+ website.

Since doing this, I'm able to watch the channel on my Roku with no issues. Hope this helps...

0 Kudos