Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dejacobs
Reel Rookie

Discovery + subscription shows it is inactive

Purchased a discovery + subscription on Roku. When I try to launch it, I get the message: inactive subscription. ideas to resolve?

14 REPLIES 14
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Discovery + subscription shows it is inactive

Check your subscriptions at https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Dejacobs
Reel Rookie

It shows that is an Active Subscription. The Inactive status shows on my Roku player on my TV.

Dejacobs
Reel Rookie

BTW, does Roku have a chat feature that I can access? They are no longer taking phone calls.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

If you subscribed through Roku, rather than through some other 3rd party or directly on the discoveryplus.com website, can you access it through The Roku Channel?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

@Dejacobs  I am having the same issue. Can't find an answer anywhere, have been charged for the month, and a week in can't watch #discovery+. 

Makes no sense. Says "inactive subscription", prompts me to select a plan, I select, then it reads "you have already purchased this product"....go to help.discovery blahblah

my roku reads, active till next month.

It's stupid! The website gives no info!

Dejacobs
Reel Rookie

Here's how I solved this issue:

1) Went to my Roku account and cancelled the subscription.

2) Launched the discovery+ website and setup sign-in info.

3) Purchased the subscription through the discovery+ website.

Since doing this, I'm able to watch the channel on my Roku with no issues. Hope this helps...

Me three!. I was billed on 2/5 $7.45 after the free trial period. It shows as active via Roku subcriptions, but once logged in the app shows,"inactive status" and to pick a plan; then shows I have already chosen it. They need to get it together!! In the meantime between time, I was billed and can't watch. There is no real support.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@iamthevalueofme

Thanks for the post.
For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mssewolt

I have the same exact thing happening and have not seen any solution!

anyone anywhere have a solution to this? I’m super frustrated!

0 Kudos