Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ripken2131
Level 8

Discovery + plus won’t auto play to next episode.. freezes up and have to restart app

Anyone else have this issue? It will play the episode fine but when the episode finishes it will show you the next episode that is getting ready to play and freezes up. It goes to a black screen and have to restart app.

thanks!

24 REPLIES 24\
Lonestar5055
Level 7

Re: Discovery + plus won’t auto play to next episode.. freezes up and have to restart app

Yes... I keep having the same problem.  I'm getting so frustrated with it I'm thinking of canceling it.  I don't have this trouble with other channels on Roku. 

svoelker
Level 7

Re: Discovery + plus won’t auto play to next episode.. freezes up and have to restart app

Yes and it’s driving me absolutely insane! I tried contacting Discovery Plus support about it and they didn’t answer my question and gave me some bs answer about streaming and buffering rates which has nothing to do with anything. I was told they would look into it and haven’t heard anything since- this was a week ago. I don’t have issues with a single other streaming service on Roku. 

Ripken2131
Level 8

Let’s all contact Roku and Discovery again.. All my other apps work fine too.. 

Victoriapoteet8
Level 7

It’s really annoying me!! After every episode my Roku completely restarts! Then I have to select the app and go to the next episode. The issue is with discovery+ as I’ve never had this problem with any other app on my Roku!

CAboyInNC
Level 8

Same problem here. I just added my comment to Discovery + support, including a statement that this is show-stopper and will probably make my first paid month my last.... As though they will notice.Smiley Mad

GM13
Level 7

Issue since day one.  Contacted Discovery plus and they said they were aware of the issue the day after it launched.  That's the last I heard from them.  No other app has this problem.  

ArtP
Level 7

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. My wife says she using the "previous" arrow button on the remote to go back to the menu for whatever we're watching and then she manually selects the next episode which will then play perfectly.

Victoriapoteet8
Level 7

I finally figured out how to fix the issue. I cleared the cache on my Roku. Now it plays on to the next episode 😀 

CAboyInNC
Level 8

Roku says there's really no such thing as a cache-clearing function, although some websites tell you to press a bizarre sequence of commands, making sure you face east at all times while standing on one leg. In reality, Roku says, that sequence simply does a system restart. So I did a restart from the System menu, then fast-forwarded to the end credits of an episode, then let it play. Oddly enough, the next episode DID autoplay. Problem solved--right? Not so much. I then fast forwarded to the end credits of the second episode and waited for the third to appear. Not so much. Same old problem--black screen, escaped only by crashing Discovery+ by pressing the Roku remote Home button.

Sounded good for a minute,  though.