Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poterico2
Streaming Star

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

Thanks for the link. I sent one too!

Gerk23
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue.   It’s unacceptable.  I’ve filed a support request with discovery+ support as well.   Obviously I won’t pay for this if they don’t fix the issue.

LuvJmm
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It’s happening to me too. Every other app works fine, but anytime I’m watching something in the Discovery Plus app it pauses frequently during every show and then immediately starts back up again. It’s really annoying and The Discovery Plus website is completely useless for obtaining any sort of help. Every link takes you to articles or help sites but you never actually talk to somebody or have an option to ask for help. 

0 Kudos
LuvJmm
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am frequently kicked to a blank black screen after episodes as well and have to exit out to get back to the show. 

0 Kudos
Aehgalway

Jump to solution

Same, my tv shuts right off

0 Kudos
Wintersun2021
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine does the same. Also when an episode ends, instead of going to the next one, the screen stays black. I’m having to hit the back or home button to return to the menu and select the next episode. Very annoying.

Cat1371
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I went back and checked this thread to see if Roku was even paying attention, there is only. One reply from the moderator who posted the link to submit a ticket to Discovery. Personally i think we should be hitting both Discovery and Roku. I have been paying for commercial free subscription from day one and I barely watch it because of the pausing and the fact it shuts everything down. I honestly think Both of them should be responsible. All of us are paying to purchase Roku products and Discovery services yet neither of them seem to have any sense of urgency to assist us.

LadyBuckette
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve done that *twice* for the two devices I own! Still had issues! I just uninstalled the app until Discovery can get it’s act together. I’m extremely disappointed! I loved a bunch of the shows on that app!!! #rokuultra #roku3 @discovery+ @roku @discoveryplus

LuvJmm
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Unfortunately big companies don’t care about their customers anymore because they don’t have to. They know we’ll keep paying because we’re so addicted to it all. The only way to get them to listen is to stop the flow of cash. The only way to stop the flow of cash is to be willing to sacrifice getting what we want when we want it. The majority of rich companies know we can’t or won’t stop, so they quit trying. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
rchott
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hrm. I’m not experiencing this issue at all; though I’m curious as to why so many of you are.

When I bought discovery+ I paid for the ad-free access, but I wonder if everyone who is having this issue is paying for the access with ads.

Based upon the issue description, I suspect that it is failing to connect to whatever server is hosting the ads.

So I’d like to ask if everyone who has this issue; what level of access did you purchase?

0 Kudos