Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imemine
Roku Guru

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

Same here. And I have no other streaming device to just watch Discovery Plus on as suggested above

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I just wanted to ask a question and I'm not sure if it's related to the pausing throughout a show. I'm doing my own check. I have the ad-free version. Right now I'm watching people magazine investigates. But does anybody notice that the pausing is more frequent within a show after you purposely pause the program for some reason like take a phone call or  get something to eat and then come back and replay, do you notice that it tends to pause more frequently after this?

AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes - I thought many times it’s worse after trying to pause. Most shows I can’t actually pause - only one so far. But after I try, seems to get worse. Mine pauses when I don’t try- but it’s momentarily before skipping backwards. Always skips backwards, & sometimes I can’t forward back to where I left off. And the closer it gets to the end, the more it happens. Completely miserable.

Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes I have problems with the end too I have to cancel the next show coming up or it'll just cut off the rest of the show. And sometimes it'll just lock up and won't move and then my Roku reboots and I have to start all over again.

0 Kudos
Wingman1961
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Lol sent email this morning to complain about the pause issue only to receive a “ first we’ve heard of this” response. I expected as much. 

Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well I've got about 20 emails back and forth since the first week I signed up which was in January. But Discovery support coming back with a comment like that makes me mad.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Imemine,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 
You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us
Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response Roku I know how the situation works I know you're not responsible I don't need to be told anymore how to contact Discovery Plus. We all are having problems with them we're just trying to share horror stories.But I thank you for the information once again. Now my latest from Discovery Plus

I just got an email this morning from Discovery Plus asking me why I haven't responded to their requests and that if they didn't hear from me they're going to assume the problem has been fixed. I wrote back to them this morning and said I have 14 emails from you responding to every one of your requests. Maybe you should go back and look at all the emails and see but I have not neglected to respond. Your support team should keep track of the complaints that one person has along with their responses so you can know what's going on. I immediately got a response back apologizing and thanking me for my responses and that they're working on the problem. I think they're just overwhelmed. They came out with the discovery plus channel before they had all the kinks fixed.

JanisH

Jump to solution

So, here it is March 12th and I'm having the same issues. I will not be continuing past the free trial because I have yet to see an entire episode all the way through. Considering these issues have been happening from the beginning I have to believe they don't care.

Smshngpmpk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I notice that it does this shortly after pausing or rewinding/fast forwarding. Otherwise, it doesn’t do it for us. I also found that if I back out of the show, then resume it, rewind the part I missed, it doesn’t pause at that part again. Annoying - I know!