Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

Discovery+ app version 1.7.1 was released today (4/21) - check to see if it resolves any issues.

0 Kudos
RichAlgeni
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The new version works correctly!!!

0 Kudos
JaredKFan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The stuttering pause problem was fixed for me a few updates ago, so I have been able to binge shows without any sort of slowdown or pausing 🙂  It took them long enough to find and fix the issue, but i'm happy it was fixed. 

0 Kudos
AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

What version do you have? Mine isn’t fixed & it says 1.7 Build 2, & it says its up to date.

0 Kudos
AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Mine says 1.7 Build 2 & still has problems. Anyone else?

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Discovery is a must have for me I dont know what it has compared to Discovery on Sling.

I need A&E, Discovery, History. With Sling there are Archives for each which I enjoy.

I havent had problems.......

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @AStarr

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. If the issue only occurs on Discovery+, we suggest reaching out to their support team to report the issue and for further help – there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed by the channel developer.

You can contact their support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Leo626

Jump to solution

Yes, we have the same problem, only on Discovery+. It does not happen on Hulu or any other provider. It will skip back 10 or 20 minutes and play the same program over again and then skip back again. This happens on any show on Discovery+. We end up having to just get off Discovery+ and watch something else.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Leo626

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

They finally told me at Discovery+ to sign up thru Amazon Prime, which I already had, & that works. Frustrating though because Discovery+ has deals sometimes, that are cheaper thru their app. But now I’ve read that it’s been sold & possibly Discovery + & HBO Max will be bundled together. And I assume that will cost more ☹️ 

0 Kudos