Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

Hi @AStarr,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.
You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There's no way to remove Discovery Plus app if you're subscribing at least that's what they told me

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Imemine

Thanks for the post.

If you are subscribed to Discovery+ through Roku Pay, then you will be unable to remove the channel. However, if you are subscribed to Discovery+ directly, you will have the ability to do so.

Do you see the option to remove the channel when you hover over the channel on the Home screen and press the * button?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kringer77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried the below steps when my Discovery+ app stopped streaming altogether and kept giving me an "Error occurred.  Please try again later." message.  It seems to have cured the hiccup/skipping issue for me.

1. Log out of the Discovery+ app on your Roku and then uninstall the app
  2. Next, we'll clear the cache:
    • Make sure “Home” is selected from the main menu.
    • From the remote control, press the following buttons consecutively:
      • "Home” 5 times + “Up” + “Rewind” twice + “Fast Forward” twice.
    • It will take about 15-30 seconds to clear cache and restart.
    • Reinstall the Discovery+ app and sign in
0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I don't have the ability to remove my Discovery Plus app on my Roku. There's no choice for me to remove the app as there is on other apps. 

0 Kudos
wb6vpm
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just to clarify the remote commands, it should be this:

1. Select Home on Main Menu, and then:
  2. Home x 5 times
  3. Up x 1 time
  4. Rewind x 2 times
  5. Fast Forward x 2 times

Is that right?

0 Kudos
Kringer77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes...when I did that my Roku froze for about a minute and then rebooted.  From my understanding, those remote commands wipe the cache for all the apps installed on the Roku. It did not wipe out all my saved settings like passwords and logins, but do this at your own risk.  Make sure you press the home button first and you are on the home screen before going through the sequence.

0 Kudos
sparky33

Jump to solution

The cache-clearing procedure was recommended to me by the Discovery Plus team, but it did not help.  We see this issue on all shows we have watched.  (New episodes of former Travel Channel shows, which have been yanked from satellite.)

0 Kudos
TEW1

Jump to solution

In contact with Discovery+ who says there is a problem and they are working to resolve. 

Ours does not pause, it restarts from beginning (note: I think we have memorized the first half of every episode, and not seen the second half of anything!)

No resolution - we will be stopping our subscription if they do not come up with a resolution.

We have removed, restarted, upgraded, everything they have suggested with no luck.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I haven't been watching it that much but mine seems to only do it when I put it on pause and then it'll stop three or four times in the beginning when I restarted again I think it's gotten better. But I like I said I only watch it once or twice a week now for those special shows that you can only see on Discovery Plus. On another note I did cancel Paramount Plus because everything they show I can see on other streaming services. They're nothing special

0 Kudos