Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imemine
Roku Guru

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

Since I upgraded to the 1.4 of Discovery plus I have a new problem while watching the show my screen goes completely black and doesn't come back unless I exit out and come back in. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Imemine

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Doesn't give me that option on the Discovery plus channel. See photo and yes I've already upgraded to 1.4 I took this picture prior20210207_113030.jpg

0 Kudos
TSue

Jump to solution

Ours is doing the same thing.  Plays for awhile then after a commercial, which I'm paying not to have, it will go back 5, 10 even 15 minutes.  We end up watching the same scenes 3-4 times.  It's really annoying.  I'm almost to the point of canceling!!

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The Discovery+ app was updated to 1.5.0 today (3/22) - check to see if has solved any issues.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thank you

0 Kudos
RichAlgeni
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra 4800X crashes to snow trying to play 'Chameleon,' even with 1.5.0. No difference.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Discovery+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JaredKFan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well that's the thing, Danny - WE HAVE CONTACTED them multiple times and they have basically done NOTHING to fix the problems. So Roku needs to do that for us, since you'd have more leverage than an ordinary user.

Jared

C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

As far as the third party apps Jared, yes, Roku hs no more leverage than the average user because they do not own, manage or maintain third party apps such as Disney+ Paramount Plus ,etc.   Click on the app and press the options and then toggle to give us feedback. If not go to the customer service or su0pport page and see if any of the common problems fits yours and then  use that one to solve your problem. 

0 Kudos