Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichAlgeni
Binge Watcher

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

1. I signed up for Discovery+ through Roku, for Roku.

2. If Roku doesn't wish to refund one month's Discovery+ subscription, I'm sure Google would appreciate my business.

3. I was being facetious in regards to the class action. But good job jumping on that.

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RichAlgeni wrote:

2. If Roku doesn't wish to refund one month's Discovery+ subscription, I'm sure Google would appreciate my business.

3. I was being facetious in regards to the class action. But good job jumping on that.

That's not generally how it works. You don't subscribe to Disney + through Roku. You subscribe to it through Disney. So take that up with Disney not Roku. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@C_I wrote:

@RichAlgeni wrote:

That's not generally how it works. You don't subscribe to Disney + through Roku. You subscribe to it through Disney. So take that up with Disney not Roku. 

Just as an FYI, this is about Discovery+, not Disney+.

Also, Discovery+ (like Disney+) supports Roku Pay, which is Roku's subscription management service, which is in fact billed (and managed) through Roku.

So, if you created your Discovery+ (or Disney+) account/subscription through Roku Pay, then you manage it through Roku (https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions).

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser wrote:

@C_I wrote:

@RichAlgeni wrote:

Also, Discovery+ (like Disney+) supports Roku Pay, which is Roku's subscription management service, which is in fact billed (and managed) through Roku.

So, if you created your Discovery+ (or Disney+) account/subscription through Roku Pay, then you manage it through Roku (https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions).

And then Roku, pays Disney + pays Disney for each subscriber so essentially then Roku sends your payments  to Disney or Discovery for Discovery+  Roku only MANAGES your subscriptions and payments but they don't keep your payments. 

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@C_I wrote:

@RichAlgeni wrote:

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser wrote:

@C_I wrote:

@RichAlgeni wrote:

https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions Which says:

"Some subscriptions must be managed directly with the channel provider. Subscriptions that are billed and managed by Roku will display in the 'Subscriptions' section of your Roku account settings."

0 Kudos
RichAlgeni
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@C_I wrote:

You are such a Karen.

0 Kudos
onesuperuser
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm running Discovery+ version 1.1 b 3 dated Jan 13 2021.

Last correspondence received from Discovery+ tech is below:

Will try the update later....thank you.

Olivia (discovery+)

Feb 10, 2021, 11:32 EST

Hi John,
I am sorry for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work through this issue. While an update is not yet available, we'll reach back out once a fix has been put in place, I do appreciate you providing the details you have as this helps us pinpoint what could be causing the problem. It would help our internal team tremendously though if you could let me know, besides Love It or List It, any other specific shows this happened with so that we can further test?
I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience and understanding!
Best,
Olivia
discovery+

Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It happens on every show I watch through Discovery Plus. Every one. I'm just getting used to it at least there's no commercials.

0 Kudos
Rushfan

Jump to solution

Same thing happens to me and it is maddening.. you can't even "rewind" and see the part you missed.. it just skips.. kind of sad for a premium chanel.. I have no issues with any other app or service!