Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

Discovery+ app updated to 1.3.1 today - check and see if it solved any/all issues you are experiencing

Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thank you

0 Kudos
richarddryjr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Will the app automatically push the update via Cloud or do I need to go into the update feature for Roku?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@richarddryjr wrote:

Will the app automatically push the update via Cloud or do I need to go into the update feature for Roku?

Both, though if you want it sooner rather than later you could either:

1)  Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button, choose "Check for updates" or

2) Settings/System/System update/Check Now

DCGozer

Jump to solution

Just updated to latest version, using Premiere 4K, same deal, pretty pathetic on Discovery's part.

0 Kudos
richarddryjr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

1.3 and no changes on my Roku Ultra and my Samsung 

0 Kudos
RichAlgeni
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So, just got done chatting with Roku account billing support. I purchased Discovery+ through Roku, and since it's not working, I wanted a refund. Here's what they initially said:

"This is in line with your request about the refund. Please note that all content purchases and subscriptions are prepaid, final and non-refundable unless otherwise stated in the content and service provider's credit and refund policy."

Non-refundable? For something that does not work? How quick can you type 'class action?'

Everyone should contact Roku account billing support, and demand a refund!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It does say that in the user agreement (Settings/Legal Notices/Account terms and conditions) which you agreed to when setting up your account/device.

And to be clear, though the Discovery+ app may be dysfunctional on the Roku platform, your subscription to Discovery+ via Roku Pay is accessible elsewhere on other platforms (even if difficult to setup/use), which are reported to be less dysfunctional.

Good luck on the class action though (you might have better luck with the "mass complaint to Roku billing support", though I highly doubt it).

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Here's my opinion. I wrote to Discovery and told him I wanted a couple more weeks free when I first got the seven days. They told me that I would have to cancel through Roku and order through Discovery plus before I could get any kind of refund or extra weeks. Considering the way we're treated by Discovery Plus I prefer to stay with Roku and paying my bill at least they have this forum for us to talk and I have called Roku directly and talk to him about my devices. So Roku gives better service let them get the percentage for my $7. If I go through Discovery who knows how they'll handle me. Plus I've enjoyed about $7 worth of shows since I've signed on. and by the way the pauses in between got worse when they updated the 1. 3.1 today now they pause and don't pick up where they left off they skip a whole dialogue we'll see what happens. I've been watching peacock free streaming anyway today. They've got some really good free stuff on there

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RichAlgeni wrote:

So, just got done chatting with Roku account billing support. I purchased Discovery+ through Roku, and since it's not working, I wanted a refund. Here's what they initially said:

"This is in line with your request about the refund. Please note that all content purchases and subscriptions are prepaid, final and non-refundable unless otherwise stated in the content and service provider's credit and refund policy."

Non-refundable? For something that does not work? How quick can you type 'class action?'

Everyone should contact Roku account billing support, and demand a refund!

Even though you install/add the Disney + through Roku, you do not subscribe to Disney + through Disney NOT Roku. The only exception would be if Disney+ would be a premium service available through the Roku Channel.  Therefore, Roku cannot give refunds for this problem. Only Disney can. And that's even if you pay for it through Roku Pay.  Roku Pay only stores your credit card for purchases on Roku, even though those payments would go to the app you subscribe to and not to Roku. Again the only exception is if you subscribe to a premium service through the Roku Channel. 

0 Kudos