Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtodd76
Binge Watcher

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

For those having confusion with clearing the cache:

Go into discovery+ app under your profile. Arrow to the left to get into your menu. Arrow down to your account and then sign out. 

Press your home button on your remote a couple times to make sure you're at your home screen. Then follow these steps carefully. 

1.) Press the home button on your remote 5 times back to back.

2.) Press the "up" button ONCE

3.) Press the "rewind" button 2 times

4.) Press the "forward" button 2 times

You should see the menu on the left scroll and the Roku will restart after 15-20 seconds.

Sign back into Discovery+ app and see if this helps. Do this on all devices having this problem. 

0 Kudos
kt22

Jump to solution

This is happening to me too on the commercial-free D+ app. It's very annoying and never happens on any other streaming service. I contacted D+ and they suggested I uninstall the app (not possible, it only allows you to check for updates) and clear the Roku cache, which I did, and it didn't help. I told them they really need to fix this if they want to keep subscribers.

Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Same here with everything that you stated. I even sent them a picture showing I could not delete the app. He wrote back and said I never heard of that before I'll get back with you and that was 3 weeks ago. I've done everything I could. Not sure what else to do I know it doesn't happen on fire stick or on Apple

PhxAudioPhile
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having same issue. Discovery support has been useless. Don’t know if they are clueless or just playing dumb. 

JaredKFan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

They sure seem clueless to me, as we keep telling them we have done exactly the things they suggest to do, over and over - and the problem still exists.

Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The last time I talked to them last week and they wanted to know what device I was using, version of Roku, what version of Discovery Plus and I sent them all that information and they never responded back. this has happened at least five times they only respond once to each incident and never respond to your answer.

richarddryjr
Channel Surfer

Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

I started with this Non-ad subscription the week of the launch and this pause issue is on every show for Discovery plus. Tech support said it was my Samsung TV at first then after I told them I was on Roku Ultra they said it’s the issue and they are working on it. I foresee a major loss of business for them when people start leaving over this after it gets wide Facebook publicity. 
please FIX ASAP!!

0 Kudos
richarddryjr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Clearing cache won’t fix the issue as I have done it. I have a 50” Samsung and a Roku Ultra and it’s still an issue. 

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

For a while Discovery Plus tried to make me believe it was Roku. Because when I pause the discovery plus channel to do something else it tends to pause more often which they believed was a buffering problem. But it doesn't happen on any other app that I watch and pause. Even when my Roku goes in the screensaver mode and I come back and start watching again the shows never pause. So it has to be the discovery Plus app. No question in my mind. It's a process of elimination. The only app that doesn't work correctly is Discovery Plus. But I have to admit I'm enjoying the shows even with the pause, I do hate when it throws me out and restarts my Roku which only happens with the discovery plus app.

richarddryjr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Lmemine,

A couple of things to note, this issue is truly an app issue since the pauses happen on multiple different shows and I asked a friend who’s a Video Guru in the media industry and told him everything happening and he said clearing cache won’t fix that it’s a code bug in the App. Discovery plus SHOULD have a ton of software engineers on this before it starts to blow up on them. 

Rich