Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichAlgeni
Binge Watcher

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku appliances, plus one TCL Roku TV. The only one with the problem is the 4800X. All others work fine. 

KAP1

Jump to solution

I have ad free subscription and still have all the issues with the app stopping, saying no network so I have to exit with the home button, go back in and start my episode where I left off. I did go to the link and explain my problem. Hope they get it fixed because all the shows we like are on it.

Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I just started having the pausing issues yesterday February 23rd. And I rewinded it to see what I missed and it pauses in the same place. Now my shows are pausing every 15 minutes and I rewind to see what I missed and it pauses the same place it's unbelievable I think it has to do with editing because if the show is pausing in the same spot it's not the app's problem it's the editing. 

Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I got a response back from Discovery plus really fast they told me to go into the Roku settings and clear the cache but I was told by Roku that there is no build up of cash on their systems I guess they clear out themselves. So I still think it's editing problems

0 Kudos
RichAlgeni
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Been there, done that. Doesn't help. They know they have an issue with the 4800X. Discovery+ version 1.2.3.

JAMIE5577

Jump to solution

Some of us do have the plan with no commercials and still having issues with it pausing. It's not just the add version or even the free trial.

Tim102265

Jump to solution

I have from the start...the commercial free app. It pauses at different times but for some reason , tonight it's pausing more than normal...which is how I ended up here. I'm sure everyone that has it is experiencing this problem. Discovery needs to address it!!! Oh I have the streambar. So it seems all roku 's are experiencing this. Maybe if we all ask for a refund, they will fix it ! 

Facehead
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've been in touch with Discovery + customer support regarding this issue, and I believe I've fixed the issue using the following steps (per customer support): 

Feb 25, 2021, 19:53 EST

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues watching our content via your Roku device. But worries! I will do my best to assist you in getting the issue solved.

Please try the troubleshooting steps below.
Roku TV/Stick
-Log out of the discovery+ app on your Roku.
-Uninstall the discovery+ app from your Roku.
-Clear cache through your Roku.
    a. Make sure “Home” is selected from the main menu.
    b. From the remote control, press the following buttons
        consecutively:
        "Home” 5 times + “Up” + “Rewind” twice + “Fast Forward” twice.
    c. It will take about 15-30 seconds to clear cache and restart.
-Install the discovery+ app.
-Launch the discovery+ app and sign in with your email and password.

Please get back to us if the above steps were not helpful and we will be happy to look into the issue further.

Thank you. 

Denise Gonzalez
Discovery+ customer support

Be sure that you have selected the "home" menu option before pressing Home 5 times. Then be sure to press "up" and "rewind" simultaneously twice. Finally, after pressing "fast forward" twice you will see the TV fully restart itself within 15 secs or so. Be sure you log out of the app before doing this. Deleting the app was not necessary in my case.

Facehead
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have yet to see anymore pausing or crashes since completing the above steps and logging back into the app. I did not have to delete and reinstall the Discovery + app, but I did complete the steps detailed in my previous post. Hope this helps you guys, good luck!

0 Kudos
Rinibean83

Jump to solution

Yes this keeps happening to me and is so annoying if you find out how to fix it please let me know.. I end up getting so upset I just leave the app and go to Hulu or something