Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjwpurple
Reel Rookie

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

Screen pauses/freezes, after show it blacks out or resets to home screen.  I have two different brands of Roku tvs and it happens on both of them.  Discovery plus tells you some stupid steps to "clear cache" on the tv, but there is "cache" on any Roku device according to Roku themselves.  Besides, if it was this type of issue we'd be having issues with all the apps.  They are just passing the buck, I'm very disappointed.

0 Kudos
Khunt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Don’t know if you saw my earlier post or not but it seems to be an issue only with Roku and the Discovery+ app. I tried it on my AppleTV and had no issues whatsoever. The only reason I don’t use Apple is because I despise their remote.

0 Kudos
jtodd76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It definitely happens at random times and not when a commercial break would occur. I'm 5 minutes into a brand new show and it's happened 3 times! It's completely random and I have the ad free version. I'm on a Roku Ultra 4660RW with latest software. Very frustrating! 

Vivian2

Jump to solution

It's not just Discovery Plus that keeps pausing.  Programs on our TV do the same thing.  Driving us nuts.

0 Kudos
Nickie73

Jump to solution

Yes im having the same problem, freezing while watching any show its frustrated we are not even able to talk to a  contact  a real person  to fix this problem ,but they have no problem taking  our money

0 Kudos
Khunt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

One of the quickest ways to get the attention of a corporation is to flood their facebook page with complaints. No profanity or anger, just honest facts on the issues you're experiencing. I retired from a corporation that took negative facebook posts very seriously. 

Khunt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’ve been watching Discovery+ for about 2 hours and it has only paused twice for few seconds each. They must be making progress.

LuvJmm
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I wish you were right, but it depends on which show at which time of day. I want the channel...but it’s bad once you spend enough time with it. I’ve seen worse quality the longer I’ve spent on it, not better. But fingers crossed you’re right. 

0 Kudos
LuvJmm
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Exactly. They don’t have to care about us anymore. We’re all addicted to the tech and will pay regardless and the companies know it. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Discovery+ app update 1.2.2

See if it addresses any of the issues...

0 Kudos