Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kmlg1231
Reel Rookie

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

Both my devices are onn roku tv's not sure if that helps and it's doing it on both. I've contacted discovery+ and tried everything they asked yesterday i noticed it happened 1x during an episode vs 2-3x but still it's annoying and hope they fix it.

Bobbien333
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I appreciate everything you did, along with many others with problems. Hope DiscoveryPlus listens.

decker12
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Wanted to add that the Pause problem does NOT happen with my older 2016 FireTV. That device however has a goofy Discovery+ problem where it takes a good 60+ seconds to ramp up to high quality. When you play a show, it's like at less than DVD quality until 60 seconds passes by and it ramps up to 1080p. No other app on that device does the same thing so it's not a signal issue.

Finally on D+ on my FireTV it has a tendency to forget where I stopped a show. It's really annoying to go back a day later to continue a show and find out it's rewound back to 20 minutes when you really watched 45 minutes.

Why am I mentioning FireTV problems on a Roku forum? Because it seems that Discovery needs to get their act together because the app is clearly having problems on both Roku and Amazon's platform. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Bama77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We’ve had the ad-free version from the beginning and it pauses about 3 times per episode. This does not happen on the CCWGTV.

Bama77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s happening on our TCL Roku TV’s 5 & 6 series, Roku 3 and our Ultra, but our CCWGTV there is no issues, so it seems to me it’s all Roku devices.

0 Kudos
Faithful
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Been dealing with the pausing issue on my ONN Roku TV since launch. Last night would pause/skip for 5-10 seconds every 5 minutes, sometimes less. Got fed up with it and plugged in my Fire Stick 4k. The app is working perfectly on the Fire Stick with NO pausing. Watched several episodes to make sure. Clearly there is a problem with the Roku app specifically. 

JudiW725

Jump to solution

I submitted a request to Discovery and was told to clear the Roku's cache.  I followed their directions and nothing changed.  I found out later that there is no cache to clear from the Roku stick/box.  I didn't think Discovery was very helpful.  Have you had a better result?  

0 Kudos
Maxcell99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@JaiRamen wrote:

I have a roku tv and after every episode the discovery + app crashes and often makes me restart the tv. Even if it doesn’t I end up at the Home Screen. Must navigate to the app, open it, wait for it to load, then play what’s next. 

it is truly the worst roku app I have experienced. ESP(!!) for a premium channel!! $$$

I totally agree.  This app needs to do better.  Since we do not have direct access to Discovery+ the company but Roku does, Roku needs to step in here and demand improvement on our behalf.  

onesuperuser
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I too have received the same instructions and read that there apparently is no cache to clear on Roku.

Meanwhile, have sent more information to Discovery team, along with recommendation to notify their customers that use Roku of the status of the issue.

Lately there have been less pauses on my system.  Unsure why.

I like the shows and hope Discovery discovers the cause and fixes the it.

onesuperuser
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Agree!

0 Kudos