Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobbien333
Channel Surfer

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

I'm sorry. That annoying. Still under warranty? How old? What is your Roku Version?

0 Kudos
decker12
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same thing here, top google search led me to this thread.

Roku Ultra from 2017 in my case. Every Discovery Plus show pauses for about 5 seconds at least once every 10 minutes. I am using the ad-freeDiscovery Plus subscription.

It's not pausing in a logical place where they'd put a commercial, either. Pauses right in the middle of some guy talking for instance.

Seems to happen more often if I pause the video for some reason first, like if I go to get something to drink. I'll come back, hit Play again on the show I'm watching, and within a couple of minutes I'll get that 5 second freeze/pause.

Happens in every show we've watched on Discovery Plus. It's not game breaking but it is annoying.

onesuperuser
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Write to Discovery+ !!!!

0 Kudos
Windeecity
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did write to Discovery!

0 Kudos
jtodd76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Is this only happening on Roku Ultra devices? All of mine are a few years old and it's happening at office and home. I'm not hearing of it happening on other Roku devices. Trying to figure out if this is a common theme with Roku Ultras that are a few years old. 

0 Kudos
Bobbien333
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My devices are a year old and up to date. It doesn't happen with other apps and I haven't installed new apps to change anything.

0 Kudos
onesuperuser
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Reported the following to Discovery:

The Roku player is model 4640X Roku Ultra, software version 9.4.0 build 4200-29.  

The discovery+ application is Version 1.1 b 3 dated Jan 13, 2021.  Shown on the app as developed by Discovery Community.

AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Mine is a Roku stick. Only managed to watch 3 shows - and couldn’t finish 1 of those- during my free trial 😞 

0 Kudos
AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Clearing the cache didn’t help me, & I saw someone else said it didn’t help them either. I understood why they asked for that, but it didn’t help.

0 Kudos
AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I haven’t heard back from them in 5 days. My free trial ended, so I’m watching here to see if it’s fixed - would be great if they sent out progress reports- or “working on it” messages.

0 Kudos