Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elou

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

Yes. Same for me too. It wouldn’t suck so bad if it was a simple pause that picked up in the same spot, but I miss certain content. 

Jump to solution

Thanks I submitted a request also

jtodd76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'd like to know what all devices this is happening? All of my devices are Roku Ultra's that are a few years old. My son has a TLC TV with Roku and it's not happening to him. I wonder if this is device related in some way? Just a thought.

0 Kudos
Cat1371
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same thing dor me except when it pauses/freezes it shuts down my Roku TV. Im paying for a streaming service that I can't use without getting so annoyed that I just go watch something different. Roku needs to reimburse customers because if i go to the channels separately (HGTV,ID GO etc) there's no issue. Si this has to be Roku

Sarenee77

Jump to solution

I have the paid version and same issues, today it seems a bit less, but still happens at least once per hour show, I've been watching since the service started and it was every 5 minutes. I have 4 rokus and it's the same on all devices. 

onesuperuser
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Received the same instructions.  The third step failed to match the options on my Roku.  Clearing cache probably didn't happen.

Wrote back to them again giving details.  Can understand the ad breaks but not the pauses.

onesuperuser
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Reported the issue the second time this afternoon.  Can understand the newness and why there might be bugs.  Cannot understand the service not addressing the problem right away.  It would be best for Discovery+ to issue a note to all it's customers giving a status on where they stand with fixing it.

Bobbien333
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Exactly for me too. Pause/freeze, skips to a farther spot in show and/or that you've seen before too.  Its a mess. 

onesuperuser
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Assuming that Discovery + supplied the app to Roku, seems like it's up to Discovery + to troubleshoot and supply a new app.

Since this is a Roku community, strongly suggest reporting issue to Discovery.  The more voices that they hear the faster the response.  Then again, since it's so new, can see Discovery having many, many problems to overcome before things smooth out.

Write to them anyway.

kjkamom

Jump to solution

Mine crashes at the end of the episode on all of my Roku devices.  I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app and hard rebooted the TV’s and box (discovery+ calls this clearing the cache) and it’s still happening.  I did log a ticket with Discovery but given some of the other comments, I’m not impressed.