Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Obiwankellobi
Level 7

Discovery plus app keeps crashing

Whenever I try to open discovery plus, the Roku acts like it’s going to load for about two seconds and then goes back to the home screen. This is the only app that it happens with. I have tried all of the restart/remove/reinstall app troubleshooting ideas multiple times. I’ve cleared the cache and data history and tried everything possible but still cannot get it to launch. Is there currently a fix for this?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Discovery plus app keeps crashing

Hi @Obiwankellobi,

Thanks for letting us know about the playback issue that you are experiencing with Discovery +.

For clarification, have you followed the playback issue troubleshooting steps accordingly? By removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. If the answer is yes,  this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us 

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Obiwankellobi
Level 7

Yes unfortunately none of that works

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for your response, @Obiwankellobi.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

@Obiwankellobi wrote:

Yes unfortunately none of that works

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading:

1) Change your Theme to the Roku Default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme) - try again

2) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) - try again

3) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) - try again

4) Remove app, RESTART ROKU (Settings/System/System restart), Add app - try again

5) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) - try again

6) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

7) Factory reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) <--- last resort

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos