Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beau4626
Level 7

Discovery plus UK

When will the discovery go app be available in the uk 

3 Replies
stoob
Level 7

Re: Discovery plus UK

I had asked a similar question, below is a copy of any email from Discovery+ hopefully it may be helpful.

This relates to UK only. Email refers to all Roku devices.

James (discovery+)

Hi Drew,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately, we don't currently support this device, but it is something that our developers are very much aware of and are working on a solution.

Whilst I don't have a timeline for this release, be sure to keep an eye on social media where we will make our latest platform announcements.

You can see our available devices here: https://support.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360050936752-Which-devices-are-compatible-with-d...

Sorry I couldn't give you the answer that you were likely hoping for but we are hoping to make our device offering even wider through 2021.

Kind regards,
James/ discovery+ UK

0 Kudos
bubblebuzz
Level 7

Funny how discovery+ supports the roku in USA though. Why not just tell the whole truth that you (discovery+) signed an exclusivity deal with Sky in the UK and Discovery+ won't be available on roku in the UK until that period is over.

PS thanks for not highlighting this exclusive deal when I paid my subscription. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @bubblebuzz,

We appreciate your post.

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. 
For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos