Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arp
Level 7

Re: Discovery + keeps crashing on Roku premiere

We are having the exact same issue. This is so disappointing!! 

zerosine
Level 8

Experiencing same issues on my Roku Ultra (4800 series). Any FF/RW/PAUSE operations induce the crash after a minute or less.

Also experiencing the Roku rebooting. Could be buffer overrun or something crazy. Fatal crash?

Also have latest firmware software update. Not sure how to remedy.

0 Kudos
zerosine
Level 8

Re: Discovery + App Crashes After Every Episode (and has flashbacks to earlier parts)

Having same issues. Crashes app and/or reboots the Roku device. 

removing and re-adding the channel after system reboot does not resolve or remedy the issue Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Pookiepoo64
Level 7

Re: Discovery + App Crashes After Every Episode (and has flashbacks to earlier parts)

Same exact problem on two TVs with two Rokus. It will play one episode, then it starts stalling and then crashes my Roku. I've contacted them 4 times and they claim they are aware of the issue and working on it. I'm pretty pissed at this point.

DaHutton
Level 7

I have the same issue! I was super excited to ditch my Dish Network box and bring in a Roku Ultra and play my favorite channels but if this app isn't working the way it should after PAYING for it, it makes you feel like the Roku company should light a fire under their butts and make a change happen. I'm about ready to go back to satellite TV, Roku!!

RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the note.

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. We'll also send this to our team.

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
CaddyJ
Level 8

Looks like the Discovery+ channel was updated a couple of days ago.  I just tried it and things seem to be working fine now.  If you’re still having the issue try updating the channel and testing it then.

0 Kudos
JaiRamen
Level 8

When I navigate to the channel on my Roku TV by TCL and press the * button as in options, There is NO Option to delete the channel only:

My rating

Move channel 

Manage subscription 

Check for updates 

Give us feedback 

Then “close” button. 

Help? 

0 Kudos
Peajay
Level 7

I have the same issue where any button pressed while on Discovery+ triggers my Roku to reboot. I tried to remove the channel and that option is not available. Manage your subscription is in its place. I’m about ready to manage my subscription to be cancelled!!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you do not have the option to remove the channel, it's because you would need to cancel your subscription (manage subscription option) before your device will allow you to remove the channel. In this case, we would recommend contacting the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos