Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoranD
Level 7

Discovery + keeps crashing on Roku premiere

Updated the software and installed Discovery + on my Roku premiere. It runs as long as I don't pause (or stop) the show and then tells me that I don't have an internet connection (Error:10012). The same happens when the show ends, and I want to watch another episode.
If I wait a little bit, it starts playing the next episode, but it doesn't show the picture, only sound (the same error code on the screen)...
To solve this, I need to exit the Discovery + app (or reset the Roku). My internet connection was tested multiple times with no issues (no issues with other apps on the same device). I have the latest available SW version.
Thanks for your help.

24 Replies
JC30
Level 7

Re: Discovery + keeps crashing on Roku premiere

I have the same issue exactly on my roku tv

LaurasUKOR
Level 7

We’ve been getting these messages with crashing and shutting down while testing out the discovery app w/ and w/o commercials.  Sucks!

0 Kudos
Gus1
Level 7

We are having the same issue with Discovery+. Error 10012 happens mostly when we fast forward programs. 
Has anyone tried contacting Discovery+?

WolfHowling
Level 7

Discovery+ is crashing and overheating my Roku Stick

No matter what I watch on Discovery+ at the end of each Show or program . My Roku Stick will freeze and then turns off then a screen will say Low Power and when I touch the stick it is burning hot. My stick is about year old so this should not be happening. It doed not happen when I play my other channels Like Disney plus or CBS all access VUDU, HULU plus, Netflix HBOMax all those channels work perfectly . Only the Discovery plus is crashing and burning p my Roku stick.  Can you please Repair the problem or send Replace my stick for free. It may be lemon. Or you are pushing too much power through discovery. Please help me resolve this issue. I am paying for Discoveryplus, 

JaiRamen
Level 8

Discovery + App Crashes After Every Episode (and has flashbacks to earlier parts)

As I have seen, and experienced myself...the discovery + app will crash after every episode, usually if you don't hit "ok" to play the next episode shortly after the thumbnail of the next ep shows up.

It crashes my TCL Roku TV, which reboots, OR it sends me back to the home screen and I must navigate to the app, wait through the excessive load time for any roku app, and finally scroll down to the next episode in "continue watching."

Besides that, as others have mentioned, the app will often backtrack to an earlier segment of an episode after an ad break. It usually lasts 30sec while playing a previously viewed segment, then all of a sudden (?!) the app jumps back to the correct spot it should be after the ad.

(it also has a glitch where it plays a second of an ad, then starts playing a post ad part, then decides to play an entire ad). That is the least of my worries...

HAS ANYONE had ANY SUCCESS fixing either of these issues? (please help...Its a premium channel for crying out loud!!).

CaddyJ
Level 8

I’m having the same issue.  Hoping Discovery puts out an update.  Only channel this happens on for me.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
CaddyJ
Level 8

I did as you recommended but it unfortunately did not make any difference.  After playing a video for a few minutes in the Discovery+ channel, trying to use pause, rewind, or fast forward still results in the “no Internet” message as listed earlier.  You have to exit and restart the channel to resolve the issue.

FYI, my Roku is connected via Ethernet, not WiFi.

Iblaura1967
Level 7

The same thing just started for us today!! Any word on updates anywhere?