Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkpeppard
Level 10

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups

Updated to 1.3.3 and watched 40 minutes of Discovery Plus last night. Encountered only one freeze / skip during that time.

I will continue to evaluate 1.3.3 and see if things are improving with the freeze / skips.

0 Kudos
dkpeppard
Level 10

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups


@dkpeppard wrote:

Updated to 1.3.3 and watched 40 minutes of Discovery Plus last night. Encountered only one freeze / skip during that time.

I will continue to evaluate 1.3.3 and see if things are improving with the freeze / skips.


More testing last night with the same results. Still getting freezing / skips with 1.3.3.

I will watch for the next Discovery Plus app version release for continued testing.

Tiajean
Level 8

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups

I am still on 1.2.3 with everything showing up to date. Does anyone know of there is a way to push to get 1.3.3 at least?

Thank you for updating as you get your updates.

 

0 Kudos
dkpeppard
Level 10

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups


@Tiajean wrote:

I am still on 1.2.3 with everything showing up to date. Does anyone know of there is a way to push to get 1.3.3 at least?

Thank you for updating as you get your updates.

 


Highlight the Discovery Plus app (works on any installed app), hit the * (asterisk) button on your remote and choose 'check for update' on the app menu.

I have also just simply done a System Update check and seen the installed apps update, but I have been updating mainly using the first method with the asterisk button on the app itself.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
dkpeppard
Level 10

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups

I just realized I typod my app version in my last few posts. I had updated from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3, not 1.3.3.

To confirm, I am on 1.2.3 at this time. Sorry for the typo.

wibadgersfan
Level 7

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups

Besides Peacock, I'm am using the exact same apps, also on a Roku Ultra and two newer Roku devices. I am having the exact same issues as described with the Discovery + app.

I believe this is an issue with the app, and not Roku. BTW, I'm streaming via WiFi. Hopefully Discovery puts out an update sooner than later to fix this glitch.

Tags (1)
Tiajean
Level 8

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups

Well, that makes me feel better! I tried for quite some time to force 1.3.3 with no resolve. lol

0 Kudos
MRJ1997
Level 8

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups


@Bobbitron wrote:

Having the same issue with my 2020 TCL Roku TV, same exact symptoms. I don't have any solutions unfortunately, and it happens often enough to make it extremely frustrating. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone!


We are having the same issue with our 2020 Element Roku TV.

MRJ1997
Level 8

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups


@Tiajean wrote:

I also have a 2020 TCL Roku TV that is doing the same thing with Discovery plus and TLC go. Mine pauses for a few seconds and skips that portion of the show (making it extremely frustrating as you can miss out on so much). I do feel better that I am not alone in this.


Yes! The skipping drives me nuts too!

dkpeppard
Level 10

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups


@MRJ1997 wrote:

@Tiajean wrote:

I also have a 2020 TCL Roku TV that is doing the same thing with Discovery plus and TLC go. Mine pauses for a few seconds and skips that portion of the show (making it extremely frustrating as you can miss out on so much). I do feel better that I am not alone in this.


Yes! The skipping drives me nuts too!


Yeah, the skipping is driving me nuts as well.

For now, even though I am still testing when an update comes out for the Discovery Plus app on Roku, I have been using my FireTV for Discovery Plus, and my Roku for other apps. I have zero issue with Discovery Plus on Fire TV or in a web browser.

Hope the issue gets resolved soon because it currently is way to disruptive for me to do anything other than 'test' on Roku. Trying to watch a show in its current state is just too disruptive.