Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups

There was an app update today to 1.2.2 - reports indicate it has reduced the problem, but not eliminated it.

You'll need to test & verify yourself, and report continuing issues to Discovery+.

dkpeppard
Roku Guru

Thanks for the info. Updated and still have the same freezing issue. Hopefully the next update will eliminate the freeze issues completely.

0 Kudos
wem003
Binge Watcher

Just want to add into this thread.

Same issues, but only Discovery+ - every other app works fine.

Removed the app, reinstalled Sat AM (2/6) and same issues with current version.

Feel better I am not alone too, lol.  Will wait for more updates to the app.  Frustrating, but its a good enough deal that I will put up with it for a month or so to see if more updates help.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@wem003

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back again, specifically in that order.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
jeffnocom

Just want to add that I'm experiencing the same on my Roku Premiere and Express when on the Discovery+ app. Sometimes, it even causes my Roku to restart after it freezes (mostly when an episode ends and it'll transition to the next, the stuttering and freezing happens then Roku restarts). I haven't experienced this on any other app except the Discovery+.

dkpeppard
Roku Guru

@jeffnocom wrote:

Just want to add that I'm experiencing the same on my Roku Premiere and Express when on the Discovery+ app. Sometimes, it even causes my Roku to restart after it freezes (mostly when an episode ends and it'll transition to the next, the stuttering and freezing happens then Roku restarts). I haven't experienced this on any other app except the Discovery+.

Thanks for the update.

I have been checking daily to see if there are any Discovery + app updates. I am currently up to date, but still experiencing the freezing on Discovery + app only.

Just wanted to provide an update from my side.

dkpeppard
Roku Guru

Just a status update.

As of last night, still on app version: 1.2 build 2 as previously posted.. Same freezing bahvior still exists.

wem003
Binge Watcher

Same here, and I've done what was suggested - removing, rebooting, reinstalling...

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

The Discovery+ app has been updated to version 1.2.3 - this may or may not address issues reported - test to see if it has.

0 Kudos
dkpeppard
Roku Guru

@StreamerUser wrote:

The Discovery+ app has been updated to version 1.2.3 - this may or may not address issues reported - test to see if it has.

I had manually tried updating last night and still was on 1.2.2. I will check for an update again this evening and report back on behavior if I have an update.

Thanks for the heads up.

0 Kudos