Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkpeppard
Roku Guru

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups

Discovery Plus support just gave me an update on my ticket:

"Unfortunately, we are still working on a solution to this issue. I appreciate you keeping other users on the Roku forums informed. As soon as we have a solution we will be reaching out via email. 

When we have a solution for this issue please feel free to share the information with any other users encountering this issue over on the Roku forums. Also, I encourage anyone who is having the issue to submit a ticket with us as we are able to resolve some of these with basic troubleshooting and want as much information as possible to track the scope of this issue. 

Thanks for your patience."

0 Kudos

I just updated to the new “1.5.build 2” and the same pausing issue is happening. I hope they figure this out before I just decide to drop their service altogether. If it was just pausing, then I could live with that even though it would still be irritating. But when the pausing is causing me to miss out on dialogue, then there is no reason to stay with them or watch ANY new shows!!

0 Kudos
MichaelM16795
Reel Rookie

Out of curiosity, does this primarily happen to you after pausing a show manually and then hitting play? 

I stopped using the pause function and only hit back temporarily until they fix this ridiculous bug. That at least seems to keep the frequency down. 

demsd
Roku Guru

@CrocodileEMT wrote:

I just updated to the new “1.5.build 2” and the same pausing issue is happening. I hope they figure this out before I just decide to drop their service altogether. If it was just pausing, then I could live with that even though it would still be irritating. But when the pausing is causing me to miss out on dialogue, then there is no reason to stay with them or watch ANY new shows!!

Restart the app. Until there is a fix, hit the back button when you want to pause and then start the episode again. It's what I have been doing. It might not be ideal, but it makes better sense then dropping a service like that for such a small issue.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

@MichaelM16795 wrote:

Out of curiosity, does this primarily happen to you after pausing a show manually and then hitting play? 

I stopped using the pause function and only hit back temporarily until they fix this ridiculous bug. That at least seems to keep the frequency down. 

I said that yesterday. I wasn't at all concerned with it, which is why I never contacted them about it.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
Mocky1974

I’m having the exact same problem.  I thought it was my Roku, too.  It’s very, very frustrating. I thought about cancelling and then restarting the subscription thinking that would maybe correct the issue...until I saw your post and I knew that wouldn’t help either.  Because it’s not just a “me” thing.  Ugh.  

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Discovery+ app version 1.7.1 was released today (4/21) - verify if it addresses any issues you my be having.

0 Kudos
dkpeppard
Roku Guru

I will be curious to hear others's feedback on if this update had any impact or not.

At this point I am losing confidence since this has been an issue since launch, and we are coming up on five months with no difinitive update directly from DiscoveryPlus's support team. 

I have not received any further updates on my ticket either. The last update I had was they are still working on it and will email everyone with an open ticket once a fix is finalized. Again, here we are almost five months in, so I am not hopeful for a fix with the DiscoveryPlus app on Roku.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

There was one response in the other thread that it solved the issues for them.

Usually when apps/software are fixed with an update, users tend not to report back (after all, its working, and there isnt a problem to report/get assistance on), so the lack of response/reporting can/may be indicative of it being fixed.

0 Kudos
dkpeppard
Roku Guru

I completely agree with you, and I will update our app today and test further to report back my findings.

Thanks again for helping keep this thread alive and updated with current info.

0 Kudos