Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups

The Discovery+ app was updated today (3/24) to version 1.5.1 - check and see if any issues have been fixed.

0 Kudos
jbassler
Reel Rookie

I have this problem, with more detail and larger issue:

We have Qty 3 roku ultra 4800, only 1 set-up was really having a major issue, the one we watch Discovery plus the most:

Discovery plus freezing, skipping time (typically after rewind or 'fast forward').

It also crashes the Roku unit and the unit reboots.

I returned the roku unit and got a replacement, problem persists. just updated to 1.5.1 after finding this thread.... problem persists.

in our case the 1 setup having the issue the tv is a bit older and the display is:
1080P / HDCP1.4

the other set ups are:
4K HDR at 30 Hz / HDCP 2.2

4K HDR10 / HDCP 2.2

ill take this info to discovery plus.

0 Kudos
MCape33

It happens on mine too, all the time, actually, and only with Discovery+. 

dkpeppard
Roku Guru

@StreamerUser wrote:

The Discovery+ app was updated today (3/24) to version 1.5.1 - check and see if any issues have been fixed.

Thanks for the update.

No change with 1.5.1. Freezing / stutter still persists.

this is a huge issue with us as well. I am assuming this is widespread.

MRJ1997
Reel Rookie

After I updated the app to the latest version on our new Roku Ultra, I began running into a new issue. Sometimes during the middle of a show, it would just quit playing completely. It would go to a black screen, with no video or audio. If I hit back, it goes back to the show's episode list and I can resume it where it stopped, but this is much worse than the already mentioned issues. I also seems to begin after pausing, rewinding, or fast forwarding. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.
You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us
Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dkpeppard
Roku Guru

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi everyone,

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.
You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us
Thanks,

Mary

Good morning. I personally have already tried these steps, as they were suggested earlier in this thread. They did not work.

I currently have an open ticket with Discovery Plus, ticket 414489, that is actively open and being worked on. Discovery Plus support has already acknowledged this is an issue with their app on Roku devices, and is working on the issue.

I have been providing updates as I receive them on my ticket, but I currently have nothing new to add right now, other than Discovery Plus support states they are still working on a fix.

amina913

this happens with mine too, glad i’m not the only one. i thought it was my wifi at first. i hope they fix this bug soon! 

demsd
Roku Guru

@dkpeppard wrote:

With Discovery Plus, every few minutes I will get a video freeze for about 3 to 4 seconds, then playback resumes. 

I found that this happens after having paused the show I am watching for a few minutes. Restart the app when it happens and that typically fixes the issue. I no longer pause anymore. I hit the back button, then start the program again when I am ready. May not be ideal for some people, but I am fine with it.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos