Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkpeppard
Roku Guru

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups

FYI, I now have an active ticket with Discovery Plus support on this issue. I referred them to this thread as well so they can see others are experiencing the same issue.

I will post back once I have more info.

wem003
Binge Watcher

Thank you for doing that.  Happy to chime in if it will help as well.

Like others - only have the issue on Roku.

dkpeppard
Roku Guru

@dkpeppard wrote:

FYI, I now have an active ticket with Discovery Plus support on this issue. I referred them to this thread as well so they can see others are experiencing the same issue.

I will post back once I have more info.

Well, Discovery Plus support replied back in about 10 minutes. They had me do the following, which I followed to the step. I will test to see if it solved the issue or not.

Roku TV/Stick

1. Log out of the discovery+ app on your Roku.

2. Uninstall the discovery+ app from your Roku.

3. Clear cache through your Roku.

a. Make sure “Home” is selected from the main menu.
 b. From the remote control, press the following buttons
 consecutively:
 "Home” 5 times + “Up” + “Rewind” twice + “Fast Forward” twice.
 c. It will take about 15-30 seconds to clear cache and restart.

1. Install the discovery+ app.

2. Launch the discovery+ app and sign in with your email and password.

0 Kudos
dkpeppard
Roku Guru

I watched about 25 minutes of Discovery Plus last night after performing the steps listed above and had no issues. I will test again this evening and report back. 

I'm still skeptical until I get several days of playback with zero issues.

0 Kudos
dkpeppard
Roku Guru

@dkpeppard wrote:

I watched about 25 minutes of Discovery Plus last night after performing the steps listed above and had no issues. I will test again this evening and report back. 

I'm still skeptical until I get several days of playback with zero issues.

So, bad news. The freezing / stutter / skip is still there, even after clearing the cache. Again, this is only happening with the Discovery Plus app on Roku, and is consistent on all three of my Roku devices. It is not happening on any other apps on Roku, and it does not happen at all with the Discovery Plus app on my Amazon Fire Sticks.

I am currently on version 1.3.1 of the Discovery Plus app on Roku. I have updated my ticket with Discovery Plus with this info.

Just wanted to provide an update here as well.

MichaelM16795
Reel Rookie

I've had this issue since the beginning, tried many things mentioned before my post on my 2019 TCL 6 Series Roku TV.  Only ever happens with Discovery+ as others have mentioned. Was worse when Discovery + first came out.  It starts happening much more after pausing a show for a moment then continuing.

dkpeppard
Roku Guru

@MichaelM16795 wrote:

I've had this issue since the beginning, tried many things mentioned before my post on my 2019 TCL 6 Series Roku TV.  Only ever happens with Discovery+ as others have mentioned. Was worse when Discovery + first came out.  It starts happening much more after pausing a show for a moment then continuing.

I agree with you. It seems to happen more frequently after pausing / resuming a show. I suspected it before, but now that you have seen it, you've substantiated it for me.

Thanks for the post.

dkpeppard
Roku Guru

FYI,

After working with Discovery Plus support, I  just got this update on my ticket:

'Thank you for the information. Our team is actively working on a fix for this issue, and we will be sure to send you any updates as they come available. Thank you for your patience!'

Nice to see they have acknowledged the problem with their app on Roku. Let's hope the fix comes soon!

0 Kudos
csavage37

Just adding one more voice to this chorus to say that we are having this issue, too. Only with Discovery+. We only added it recently and we really don't stream through any other devices that we could test on.

Eagerly awaiting updates on a fix!

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Discovery+ app version 1.4.1 released (3/15) - check and see if any issues have been resolved