Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Discovery Plus freeze, stuttering, hiccups

Discovery+ app updated to 1.3.1 today (3/1) - check and see whether it has resolved any issues...

dkpeppard
Roku Guru

@StreamerUser wrote:

Discovery+ app updated to 1.3.1 today (3/1) - check and see whether it has resolved any issues...

Thank you for the notice! I will update and report my findings. 

0 Kudos
dkpeppard
Roku Guru

@dkpeppard wrote:

@StreamerUser wrote:

Thank you for the notice! I will update and report my findings. 

Bad news. updated to 1.3.1 with no improvement at all. Freezing / skip happened within just a few minutes of starting a Discovery Plus program.

dkpeppard
Roku Guru

As an additional testing step, I uninstalled the updated Discovery Plus app, rebooted, and reinstalled the new 1.3.1 version. This acts as a clean install of 1.3.1 instead of an upgraded version from 1.2.3 to 1.3.1.

I will test and report back.

dkpeppard
Roku Guru

@dkpeppard wrote:

As an additional testing step, I uninstalled the updated Discovery Plus app, rebooted, and reinstalled the new 1.3.1 version. This acts as a clean install of 1.3.1 instead of an upgraded version from 1.2.3 to 1.3.1.

I will test and report back.

I watched a 45 minute show last night. 19 minutes in I got the freeze/skip one time, but never again the remainder of the show.

I'm not sure if this is an improvement, or was just random. I will continue to see how it operates and report back.

0 Kudos
dkpeppard
Roku Guru

Well, more of the same. Watched another show last night and had several freezes / skips within the first 10 minutes. Was bad enough we switched back over to our Amazon Fire to continue watching.

So, definitely not fixed in 1.3.1.

Tiajean
Channel Surfer

We are getting the same. It almost feels like it may have gotten worse.

dkpeppard
Roku Guru

Yeah, it is really strange. For all the years we've been using Rokus, over several generations of devices, I have never experienced anything like this with an app. I'd really love to know what is going on and making it happen with just the Discovery Plus app.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dkpeppard,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.
You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

Thanks, 

Mary

0 Kudos
dkpeppard
Roku Guru

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi @dkpeppard,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.
You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

Thanks, 

Mary

Thanks for the info. I actually posted last Thursday that I had done a delete/reboot/reinstall, but I still have the same issues.

I will try the link you provided to see if they have any suggestions specific to their app on Roku. Again, I have no issue with the Discovery Plus app on my Amazon Fire devices, only on Roku.

I will post an update once I hear back from Discovery using the provided link.

0 Kudos