Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beckerA
Reel Rookie

Discovery Plus Not Working With Paid Sub

Jump to solution

I paid for Discovery Plus ad free version. I have 2 Roku's - 1. Roku player 2. Roku TV.

My Roku TV has never been able to play the content. I get an error after I log in - 1. I need to choose a plan to stream 2. I pick the ad free plan I already paid for 3. then I get a message stating I can't pick the plan because I have already paid for it! It's a bad circle of frustration.

DP used to work on my other TV that uses a separate player (not integrated in TV). After I performed the troubleshooting steps I was told to do my TV with the Roku player is giving me the same errors!

Yes, the password is correct. I have changed it a few times to confirm. It recognizes that I have paid but won't stream the shows on either device now. 

I paid for the sub through Roku. Now I'm wondering if I should have paid for the sub directly with Discovery?????

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Discovery Plus Not Working With Paid Sub

Jump to solution

@beckerA

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Discovery+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@beckerA

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Discovery+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Casey1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Discovery plus won't help me since I paid it through you. Have tried several times to have roku people help me and they haven't.  Paid for ad free and getting ads.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. No one seems to want to help me. I'm thinking reporting my payment as fraud since no one can help. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bulletgirl88

Thanks for the post.
Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I had the same issue, I signed up for ad-free through my roku tv. I received notification from my credit card app that the payment went through, but when I went to open the app I got “payment cannot be verified”. I tried clearing cache but couldn’t find option anywhere in the roku or discovery plus menu. Then I went to go back to the start of the app to cancel my subscription, I pressed cancel through a couple of the first prompts and then boom, the app opened and showed the channels within Discovery Plus. 😆 So now I’m watching the show I wanted to watch on Discovery Plus (Ghost Adventures) 👍🏾

0 Kudos
maebe589
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem and contacted Discovery+ and they said because I purchased it through my Roku account to get in touch with Roku.

I was on the phone with Roku for 1/2 hour yesterday and the agent said she would call me back and did not.  

Discovery+ not working for 3 days now!

Not a happy camper.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @maebe589

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on the Discovery Plus channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected Discovery Plus and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
maebe589
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok thank you Lianna I will try this after work today and reply.

Mae

0 Kudos
maebe589
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Lianna!

That worked & I kept instructions in case I have it happen again.

Mae

0 Kudos