Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Disappointed with Roku

I am very disappointed with Roku...I was under the impression that when I bought this device , I would be getting all kinds of channels , which I do get a lot....But they are ALL old programs , NOT NEW ONES!....The only way I could get any new ones , was to BUY a channel like ALL ACESS CBS, which is $9.96 per month....If I have to do this with everything I want to watch, I might as well go back to Direct TV and pay their monthly fee....And the buffering drives me crazy!   And right in the middle of a show , an ad comes up saying they cannot coplete the show!....This is a lousy concept for tv viewing.....Had I know I would have to BUY channels to get to watch any of MY programs LIVE  and upto date, I would have left it on the shelf......And your support is to say the least worthless....You can't even get ahold of anyone to try to fix a problem, you have to rely on " the community" to answer any questions ....And I don't see many questions being answered....I will never recommend your device to anyone.....Like I said , I am sorely disappointed with my purchase....Dexterlady

1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disappointed with Roku

@DexterLady 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about channels, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page here: Will I have to pay for channels?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos