Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DexterLady
Level 7

Disappointed with Roku

I am very disappointed with Roku...I was under the impression that when I bought this device , I would be getting all kinds of channels , which I do get a lot....But they are ALL old programs , NOT NEW ONES!....The only way I could get any new ones , was to BUY a channel like ALL ACESS CBS, which is $9.96 per month....If I have to do this with everything I want to watch, I might as well go back to Direct TV and pay their monthly fee....And the buffering drives me crazy!   And right in the middle of a show , an ad comes up saying they cannot coplete the show!....This is a lousy concept for tv viewing.....Had I know I would have to BUY channels to get to watch any of MY programs LIVE  and upto date, I would have left it on the shelf......And your support is to say the least worthless....You can't even get ahold of anyone to try to fix a problem, you have to rely on " the community" to answer any questions ....And I don't see many questions being answered....I will never recommend your device to anyone.....Like I said , I am sorely disappointed with my purchase....Dexterlady

3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disappointed with Roku

@DexterLady 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about channels, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page here: Will I have to pay for channels?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
israel13rd
Level 7

I'm disappointed too, they're charging me for a roku channel I don't watch, and I'm reluctant to unscribe my HBO and Stars because I got through roku, can I still have my wanted channels without paying for a roku roku channel?????

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@israel13rd 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that there is no charge to watch The Roku Channel. We would recommend logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage Your Subscriptions to see a list of current subscriptions you have through Roku Pay.

If you need further assistance with account or billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos