Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jombus
Level 7

Disappearing channels with no support

I have multiple channels including Netflix that keep disappearing and I have to re install the channel and re log in multiple times a day. In the middle of a movie Netflix will stop and go back to the main roku menu and Netflix is missing. Roku support says there is no agent support for my Roku product. Absolutely a big crock. I still pay for these services and no way to troubleshoot.  I've always used roku and have 4 I use now. I will never use Roku again if it don't get resolved.  No reason for it and of there is then there is no way to get any answers, which is bull$#!t... Roku needs to support ALL their products. Asking a community FULL of users with the same problem helps me in no way whatsoever.. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
andyross
Level 16

Re: Disappearing channels with no support

It's likely somebody has hacked into your Roku account and deleting them online. Try changing passwords. Also, if you have multiple devices using the same account, adding and removing channels is duplicated on all of them. Verify someone isn't deleting Netflix from one of your other Roku devices.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disappearing channels with no support

@andyross wrote:

It's likely somebody has hacked into your Roku account and deleting them online. Try changing passwords. Also, if you have multiple devices using the same account, adding and removing channels is duplicated on all of them. Verify someone isn't deleting Netflix from one of your other Roku devices.

I've not found a way to remove a channel via the Roku user's account - you can add but not remove.  You can only remove via a Roku device.

But if somebody has managed to link their Roku to this guy's account, then they could delete channels from there.

When logged into the Roku account at https://my.roku.com, scroll down to "My linked devices".  If there are any there that are not yours, unlink them.  Then while still logged in change your Roku account's password.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos