Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rosita
Level 7

Directvgo is not available on Roku Express in Ecuador ?

Jump to solution

I already have a Roku express and I can’t search app directvgo, please help me. My friend have an Apple TV and in it is available Directvgo, so in Roku I thought is available too.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Directvgo is not available on Roku Express in Ecuador ?

Jump to solution

From Directv Ecuador:

"Contract any of our Postpaid or Prepaid plans.

You get DIRECTV GO for free, included in your monthly bill or prepaid recharge.

You access content by streaming and on demand from your Apple devices (iPhone, iPad and Apple TV), Android (phones, tablets and Android TV), Samsung Smart TV and Amazon Fire TV."

Translated from: https://www.directv.com.ec/comprar/directvgo

Note, there is no mention of Roku.  Contact Directv and tell them you want to have a Roku version of Directv Go.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

From Directv Ecuador:

"Contract any of our Postpaid or Prepaid plans.

You get DIRECTV GO for free, included in your monthly bill or prepaid recharge.

You access content by streaming and on demand from your Apple devices (iPhone, iPad and Apple TV), Android (phones, tablets and Android TV), Samsung Smart TV and Amazon Fire TV."

Translated from: https://www.directv.com.ec/comprar/directvgo

Note, there is no mention of Roku.  Contact Directv and tell them you want to have a Roku version of Directv Go.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
andrew87
Level 7

Jump to solution

No there isn't. It is strange because in other countries as Chile, Peru or Mexico is available through Roku but not Ecuador. Who has to add the channel¡? Roku or Direct Tv?

The same for HBO or Dinsey+. We only have Netflix available... Roku is getting behind the competition.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@andrew87

Thanks for the post.

As @makaiguy mentioned, channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos