Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hayewill
Level 7

Directv on Roku

I was told I can watch directv on the big screen in my motorhome if I bought a roku. I have a roku express. Every time I try to watch a channel I’m paying for it asks me to start a free trial.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
boogernose
Level 18

Re: My first roku

DirectTV is not supported and I doubt it ever was.

There are many channels that are free see https://channelstore.roku.com/browse/top-free 

And some Premium Channels (pay for) that are all much cheaper than DirectTV.

I doubt there is much on DirectTV that cant be found on Roku.

Like anything new Roku requires a bit of a learning process. But its not hard.

You can search the net for good recommended Channels.

There are many. YouTube is not only a good Channel but its a great resource.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
ryanrobinson191
Level 7

DirecTV app

Can anyone find the DirecTV app on your Roku device? Is so, what did you do to find it? All I can find the ATT TV now app and it won’t login.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
stomperz
Level 7

Re: DirecTV app

Same sinking boat -1-10-2020

DirecTV  can't find on ROKU

I did buy the stock at  $39.50 Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
caldav
Level 7

Re: My first roku

her is a link from 2017 thats SAYS. directtv is now on roku

https://www.cnet.com/news/directv-now-finally-lands-on-roku-devices/#:~:text=AT%26T's%20DirecTV%20No...

i am trying to find out how it connects..there are plenty of things on directtv that IS NOT ON ROKU...so just stick to the question boogernose, and not opinions. there are people out here that want to do JUST THAT, not hhear your excuses

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

@ryanrobinson191 wrote:

Can anyone find the DirecTV app on your Roku device? Is so, what did you do to find it? All I can find the ATT TV now app and it won’t login.

[post merged with already existing thread]

I saw that the AT&T TV Now app is no longer available, but if you have it, you can log in as usual. AT&T TV Now is a separate service from DirecTV.. Besides AT&T TV Now, they now have AT&T TV. 

0 Kudos
Iceman2
Level 7

Did anyone ever find out how to use Directv App to access local channels and DVR  as stated by Direct?

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

@Iceman2 wrote:

Did anyone ever find out how to use Directv App to access local channels and DVR  as stated by Direct?

Check with DirecTV directly, as that's  a third party app not controlled by Roku. 

0 Kudos