Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaBronx
Level 7

Directv Now $10/month for three months

Watching the NHL channel this evening there is a commercial advertising  Directtv Now @ $10.00 per month for the first 3 months (for the least expensive package, you can select any package and get $25.00 off for the first 3 months. When given the option for a free streaming device if you pre pay decline and press the I already have a streaming device button or you will not get this offer). The commercial says go to http://www.directvnow.com for the offer but I also found a link on the slickdeals.net website that worked as well, https://www.directvnow.com/thegoodstuff

I just signed up and have to remember to cancel before June 9th or it goes up to $35 a month. I guess that what the calendar app on my phone is for, to remind me to cancel a few days early For $10.00 a month for 3 months I thought it was worth giving a try.

I looked in search and could not find any previous posts about this offer. If it's been posted before I apologize but for me the TV commercial this evening is the first I heard of the 3 month offer.

--brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Directv Now $10/month for three months

That's an excellent deal!
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
m3m0ryleak
Level 7

"DaBronx" wrote:
Watching the NHL channel this evening there is a commercial advertising  Directtv Now @ $10.00 per month for the first 3 months (for the least expensive package, you can select any package and get $25.00 off for the first 3 months. When given the option for a free streaming device if you pre pay decline and press the I already have a streaming device button or you will not get this offer). The commercial says go to http://www.directvnow.com for the offer but I also found a link on the slickdeals.net website that worked as well, https://www.directvnow.com/thegoodstuff

I just signed up and have to remember to cancel before June 9th or it goes up to $35 a month. I guess that what the calendar app on my phone is for, to remind me to cancel a few days early For $10.00 a month for 3 months I thought it was worth giving a try.

I looked in search and could not find any previous posts about this offer. If it's been posted before I apologize but for me the TV commercial this evening is the first I heard of the 3 month offer.

--brett

If I'm not mistaken, that deal is for their basic only channel line up. I tried that awhile back and wasn't terribly impressed with the # of channels offered with that deal. FWIW, I have a 100 Mb feed from Comcast and using Ethernet into Premier +.  Interface is slowish and still see some buffering.
0 Kudos
DaBronx
Level 7

"DaBronx" wrote:

--brett

After two weeks of the trial I am rather impressed with the channel. It's a little clunky to navigate but the streams are solid, no issues with buffering. Even my local channels are included..
I notice the offer of 3 months for $10.00 a month is still available if anyone wants to try it. It's their lowest priced package, regularly $35.00 a month and worth trying IMO. 60 channels is enough for me, I get ESPN, FS1, CNN, Fox, TNT, TBS and a lot more.
Here is a list of channels included in the $10.00 a month for 3 month trial offer::
A&E Network
ABC
AMC
Animal Planet
Audience
AXS TV
Baby First
BBC America
BET
Bloomberg TV
Bravo
C-SPAN
C-SPAN2
Cartoon Network
CBS
CMT
CNBC
CNN
Comedy Central
CW
Discovery
Disney Channel
Disney Junior
Disney XD
E! Now
ESPN
ESPN2
Food Network
Fox
Fox Business Network
Fox News Channel
FOX Sports 1
Freeform
FX
FXX
Galavision
Hallmark Channel
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
HGTV
HISTORY
HLN
Investigation Discovery
Lifetime TV Shows & Movies
MSNBC
MTV
MTV2
National Geographic Channel
NBC
NBCSN
Nick Jr.
Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite
One American News
REELZ
RFD-TV
Spike
SYFY
TBS
TCM
TeenNick
Telemundo
TLC
TNT
TruTV
TV Land
Univision
USA Network
Velocity
VH1
Viceland
WE tv
WeatherNation

W-If the $35 package does not include the channels you want wiith this 3 month trial offer you can select any of the Directvnow packages and get $25.00 a month off for the first 3 months, All packages @ https://www.directvnow.com/tv-packages#
I'm glad I tried it. Still don't know if I;ll continue after June when trial expires for me.
--brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

I've been meaning to check out Philo @ $16/mo is far more reasonable.

$35 is just too much.
0 Kudos
DaBronx
Level 7

I got billed for the third month of the $10.00 a month Directv Now trial offer and I went online and used chat to cancel my 3 month $10.00 a month trial at the end of the billing cycle (6/9/18) but I was offered an additional month at just $10.00 so I took it.

I have enjoyed the channel and have had no issues on my Insignia-Roku 4K TV with it.  Been working great for me and I like the choices of channels.

BTW, Directv is still offering the 3 month trial at $10.00 a month @ https://www.directvnow.com/thegoodstuff. You can select any of their packages and get a $25.00 credit per month for 3 months. I chose the least expensive package, $35.00 minus the discount is just $10.00 a month and it has been worth it. I actually watch a lot more of the channel than I thought I would. Plus I get my local Los Angeles stations on it.

Below is a list of the channels I am currently getting on the least expensive package for $10.00 month.

Great trial offer IMO.I have been enjoying it immensely.

--brett

Channel list for least expensive package, trial offer of $10.00 per month for 3 months.

A&E Network
ABC
AMC
Animal Planet
Audience
AXS TV
Baby First
BBC America
BET
Bloomberg TV
Bravo
C-SPAN
C-SPAN2
Cartoon Network
CBS
CMT
CNBC
CNN
Comedy Central
CW
Discovery
Disney Channel
Disney Junior
Disney XD
E! Now
ESPN
ESPN2
Food Network
Fox
Fox Business Network
Fox News Channel
FOX Sports 1
Freeform
FX
FXX
Galavision
Hallmark Channel
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
HGTV
HISTORY
HLN
Investigation Discovery
Lifetime TV Shows & Movies
MSNBC
MTV
MTV2
National Geographic Channel
NBC
NBCSN
Nick Jr.
Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite
One American News
Paramount Network
REELZ
RFD-TV
SYFY
TBS
TCM
TeenNick
Telemundo
TLC
TNT
TruTV
TV Land
Univision
USA Network
Velocity
VH1
Viceland
WE tv
WeatherNation

0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 7

I know the deal ain't that bad. But honestly, $10 a month for commercial TV is $11 too much...(especially TBS at 2AM; or, God help us, infomercials or "E/I" tv).

Seriously, 75% of the above content can (for now until Disney ruins it*) can be seen on Hulu next day (and 99% of the remaining 25% 8-12 months later; the big one missing is CBS/Paramount content that (admittedly subjectively) contains poor sicoms that hark back to the 1990s (or earlier) for their format**) for $12 a month ad-free. This is in addition to content Hulu has that is not available elsewhere.

*to be fair, I'm guessing Hulu will be out-of-business (as we now know it) by 2020

**and present-day CBS sitcom (multi-camera laugh track) format is subject for a different thread...

And yeah, it's PCM vs Dolby Digital, but unless you are really, really, really geeky if your AVR has Pro Logic II you won't notice the difference. In fact, one of my biggest worries (OK, really a minor worry knowing Disney's capabilities) is Hulu going 5.1.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
socantra
Level 7

" Seriously, 75% of the above content can (for now until Disney ruins it*) can be seen on Hulu next day (and 99% of the remaining 25% 8-12 months later;"

Unless, of course, you are interested in live sports and cable news, which seem to be two of the major reasons people hang on to their cable package. The Directtv Now package being discussed provides an abundance of both.
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
0 Kudos