Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregATTFiber
Level 7

Direct channels via Roku TV

Suppose I sign up for Telemundo NOW and watch via its Roku app.  When I sign up, I have to put down my TV provider, which is Fubo.  Does the picture quality on the direct Telemundo app depend on the Fubo picture quality?  In other words, if Fubo TV's image is lousy, will the direct Telemundo app picture also be lousy?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Direct channels via Roku TV

I doubt it. Most likely you are streaming directly from the provider, not going through your TV provider. The one possible exception might be if your Internet is also provided by your TV service (such as Comcast offering Internet and TV), and they have their own streaming servers inside their firewall. Although in theory that should still be equal quality to streaming directly from the source. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos