Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dturnercis
Channel Surfer

Direct TV upgraded now login fails.

Jump to solution

I have upgraded my Direct TV Streaming account from old ATT packages to new Directv packages.  I have merged the accounts at ATT.   Same Login credentials to new package works on every device except my ROKU sticks.  Does anyone have any suggestions for getting my ROKU sticks to recognize the new account package?

I have already deleted the Directv account on the stick and re-installed - same outcome.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dturnercis
Channel Surfer

Re: Direct TV upgraded now login fails.

Jump to solution

Issue resolved.  It was an ATT / Direct issue.  Solution description not provided ... but it had to go to top (back office) level of tech support.  They did mandate a password change.  No further comment provided.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When you deleted DirectTV and reinstalled it did you restart your Roku device immediately after removing it and before reinstalling it?  If not, try again.  You can restart by pulling out the power and reconnecting it or from the menu option "System restart" located under Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dturnercis
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did that and received the same result. 20220923_180550.jpg

0 Kudos
dturnercis
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is a Roku issue. I have been on phone with Direct and we logged in to Direct Stream over phone and over Chrome ... no issues with either. Mozilla Firefox is a no-go, but Direct has always had some browser quirks. 

But nothing g over Roku. 

Help?  Any ideas?

I have Uninstaller 2x, rebooted, and reinstalled ... same issue. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I assume before that screen you've shown you entered in your DirectTV credentials (and not your Roku account information) and then you got the "wrong ID" screen.  It didn't just automatically go to that screen when you launched the channel/app, right?  If you actually entered your DirectTV ID I wouldn't think it has anything to do with old information sticking around which the "uninstall, restart, reinstall" procedure should remove.

I don't think Roku is going to be able to help you.  Roku's just going to point you back to DirectTV since they're the ones that created the channel/app and it's their login that's not working.

I rarely suggest a factory reset, but if nothing else works it's a last resort.  And to go one step beyond that, you could try a factory reset, creating a new Roku account, and linking a stick to the new Roku account.  I wouldn't blame you one bit if you didn't want to try all of that and I'd agree that it shouldn't be necessary to go that far.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dturnercis
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Renojim, the login works everywhere except on ROKU.  The same login works fine on my phone and on Chrome.  It is only ROKU that kicks me out.  it must be something with ROKU assigning my user id to something specific and something other than a straight flow through to Direct.  

Yes I am using the Direct login, the same login I have used for 4=+years.  All I did was upgrade my Direct package to one the newer Direct packages, away from the old ATT packages.  Using the same login.  Using the same App.  ??????

0 Kudos
dturnercis
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Renojim, the login works everywhere except on ROKU.  The same login works fine on my phone and on Chrome.  It is only ROKU that kicks me out.  it must be something with ROKU assigning my user id to something specific and something other than a straight flow through to Direct.  

Yes I am using the Direct login, the same login I have used for 4=+years.  All I did was upgrade my Direct package to one the newer Direct packages, away from the old ATT packages.  Using the same login.  Using the same App.  ??????

0 Kudos
dturnercis
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have done a factory reset and attempted to login via Roku and it failed in the same way.

I have my phone in my hand with Direct app and logged in with exact same credentials and I got into Direct issues. 

I am at a loss but believe this MUST be a Roku issue.

0 Kudos
dturnercis
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Issue resolved.  It was an ATT / Direct issue.  Solution description not provided ... but it had to go to top (back office) level of tech support.  They did mandate a password change.  No further comment provided.

0 Kudos