Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kneeknee
Level 7

DirecTV Now turns off randomly

Recently upgraded from Roku 2 to Roku Express in order to get streaming TV. Subscribed to DirecTV Now. It randomly stops playing whatever show we are watching an goes back to Roku Home. This happens with 2 different TV models and 2 different Roku Express units.
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: DirecTV Now turns off randomly

DTV Now's Roku app is a disaster. I would suggest trying a different service. Check out Suppose TV to research other services.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"kneeknee" wrote:
Recently upgraded from Roku 2 to Roku Express in order to get streaming TV. Subscribed to DirecTV Now. It randomly stops playing whatever show we are watching an goes back to Roku Home. This happens with 2 different TV models and 2 different Roku Express units.

Which Roku 2? Model 2720 makes sense, as the Express is an upgrade. Model 4210 not so much, as it's identical to the Roku 3.

Regardless, issues with the app are likely due to the app or the server. If it's the server, there's nothing you can do about it. If it's the app, you might try reinstalling it. Don't skip any of these steps, nor alter the order:

1. Remove the app

2. Reboot the Roku

3. Reinstall the app

See if that resolves it.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
T_J
Level 7

DTV Now app works good on my Roku 2 (4210), and Premiere + (4630). Both Rokus have DTV Now app version 2.8 build 54. Programs stream good with no HOME page interruption. DTV Now also works good on my Windows 10 desktop with Chrome browser. 
I've only used Sling TV prior to Aug 2018, which worked good.
0 Kudos
BobRoberts
Level 7

DTVN has been a disaster since they launched. Especially bad on Roku. Fire TV is better and has a superior UI but their dvr functions stink on all my devices.
0 Kudos