Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acatalano
Level 7

DirecTV Now Problem-Cannot Log In

I have several Roku TV streaming players acquired over several years. When it first became available, I subscribed to DirecTV Now. When the "channel" became available on the Roku players I used it without any problems. But just in the last week or so I can no longer log into the app on the Roku boxes. I have spent hours with DirecTV Now support trying to get it to work (really just trying to log in) with zero result. My sense is that since the new Beta app came out that permits recording, some bug is causing this problem. Although I cannot log into the Roku channel, I can log into DirecTV Now via a browser such as Chrome, so it's not an obvious account issue. Is anyone else having this problem? Since this is a problem on all my Roku players I have not tried to do a factory reset. It seems unlikely all would have gone haywire at once.
Tony Catalano
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: DirecTV Now Problem-Cannot Log In

Try deleting the app from your Roku. Then, reboot the Roku. Then, add the app to your Roku.

Also, are you using the Roku remote to type in the password, or an app? I've found that using the iPhone app is problematic. Sometimes it jumbles the characters entered. This is particularly true if you're pasting the password.

I've not encountered such behavior on the Android app, nor using the Roku remote. Just something else to verify.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
acatalano
Level 7

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already deleted and re-installed the app. I use the Roku remote to enter username & password. This affects ALL of my Roku streaming stuff. The only thing I have not tried is a factory reset. I haven't done this because it seems to affect all my Roku systems. I am suspicious that there is a bug in the App. I'm curious if others are having a similar difficulty.
Tony Catalano
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"acatalano" wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already deleted and re-installed the app. I use the Roku remote to enter username & password. This affects ALL of my Roku streaming stuff. The only thing I have not tried is a factory reset. I haven't done this because it seems to affect all my Roku systems. I am suspicious that there is a bug in the App. I'm curious if others are having a similar difficulty.

You said deleted and reinstalled. I said delete, reboot, and reinstall. Different.

True, it might not make a difference with your situation, but if you didn't reboot after you removed and before you reinstalled, it didn't count. So, let's rule that out before you do a factory reset.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"Basil" wrote:
You said deleted and reinstalled. I said delete, reboot, and reinstall. Different.
True, it might not make a difference with your situation, but if you didn't reboot after you removed and before you reinstalled, it didn't count. So, let's rule that out before you do a factory reset.

^^ +10.  Very important to reboot between deleting/reinstalling.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
acatalano
Level 7

Sorry I was not more specific. Yes I rebooted after the re-install. I have also done a factory reset on the Roku Ultra, reinstalled the app and rebooted, several times. Still no joy. I have been with the Directv now people chatting on 3 separate instances for several hours, and been told that the problem is being referred to the "backend team" and the problem will be fixed in 24 hours. Still no joy. It must be an account issue that is related to the new app that permits the DVR function. That seems to be when it started.
Tony Catalano
0 Kudos
acatalano
Level 7

Problem has been solved. Apparently all due to the new Beta version of the DirecTV App on the Roku. Login username andpassword were update by support and now all is well. I had done a factory reset and re-installed everything and even that did not solve the error 201 problem.
Tony Catalano
0 Kudos