Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n0npr0phet
Level 7

DirecTV Now 201 Roku Express

Hi All,
I have a new Roku Express and just signed up for DirecTV Now.  I have added the app to Roku and tried using my iPhone via Roku app and my gf's android phone using Roku App and even using the remote to sign in to DirecTV Now and I get the [201] or 201 error no matter how enter the emailaddress and password  The password contains only a - otherwise just upper and lower and numbers.  I am able to use the same login on the DirecTV Now phone app and DirecTV Now Web page without difficulty. 

I have also removed the app before each test and restarted the roku after deleting the app.

Can anybody help?  

My Roku Express says version 9.0.  I have checked for updates but it says this is the latest.

Thanks,
np
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: DirecTV Now 201 Roku Express

"n0npr0phet" wrote:
Hi All,
I have a new Roku Express and just signed up for DirecTV Now.  I have added the app to Roku and tried using my iPhone via Roku app and my gf's android phone using Roku App and even using the remote to sign in to DirecTV Now and I get the [201] or 201 error no matter how enter the emailaddress and password  The password contains only a - otherwise just upper and lower and numbers.  I am able to use the same login on the DirecTV Now phone app and DirecTV Now Web page without difficulty. 

I have also removed the app before each test and restarted the roku after deleting the app.

Can anybody help?  

My Roku Express says version 9.0.  I have checked for updates but it says this is the latest.

Thanks,
np

Try the old:
1. Remove the app
2. Reboot the Roku
3. Reinstall the app

All in that order.

Note that AT&T forums indicate an issue with consolidated accounts causing some issues with some devices, if I’m reading things right.

https://forums.att.com/t5/DIRECTV-NOW-T ... -p/5541628

Might be worth following up with AT&T if this might be a factor.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos