Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjm007
Level 7

Digital noise on certain Fandango Now movies

I have been a long-time Roku user and started using Fandango Now and Ultraviolet when they became available on Roku.  Never had a single problem after purchasing over 70 movies on 3 separate Roku devices.
All of a sudden, after trying to buy and watch The First Man and Bohemian Rhapsody, the movies simply would not play.  All I could get was very colorful digital noise, and no audio at all.  I tried every reset possible on all three Roku devices, different TV's, different HDMI ports, different everything.  Nothing seems to work.  All of my older 70 movies work just fine.
I've been on the phone endlessly with Fandango Now tech support (the worst) and they say it's a Roku issue.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
bjm007
Level 7

Complete failure to play certain Fandango Now Movies

I realize my original post mentioned Digital Noise on certain Fandango Now movies. 
For clarity, It should probably have been titled "Total Failure to play certain Faandango Now movies on Roku"
As I said, I have worked with tech support for both Roku and Fandango now and I have heard very little from Roku or Fandango now.  I have a library of over 70 Fandango now movies and they all play perfectly with the exception of new movies like "The First Man" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" which do not play at all.
I am technically comfortable with computers and a/v setups and I have tried everything you can imagine to try to fix this, but to no avail.
I can get the movies to play just fine on my computer, so I am inclined to think this is a Roku issue.
Is there any way to get some tech support from these guys?  I have been pretty ignored so far....
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Complete failure to play certain Fandango Now Movies

"bjm007" wrote:
I realize my original post mentioned Digital Noise on certain Fandango Now movies. 
For clarity, It should probably have been titled "Total Failure to play certain Faandango Now movies on Roku"
As I said, I have worked with tech support for both Roku and Fandango now and I have heard very little from Roku or Fandango now.  I have a library of over 70 Fandango now movies and they all play perfectly with the exception of new movies like "The First Man" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" which do not play at all.
I am technically comfortable with computers and a/v setups and I have tried everything you can imagine to try to fix this, but to no avail.
I can get the movies to play just fine on my computer, so I am inclined to think this is a Roku issue.
Is there any way to get some tech support from these guys?  I have been pretty ignored so far....

I have 583 films in my Fandango Now library. Not experiencing any issues. Most of my movies are older ones, which you have indicated you're not having issues, but rather, newer movies. Most (but not all) of the recent films I have are Oscar winners: Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, and Supporting.

You've listed a couple that you're experiencing issues. I don't have those you mentioned. The only recent (2017 or later) ones I have are these, and they all started playing fine in a test just now:

• Alien: Covenant

• Call Me By Your Name

• Darkest Hour

• Despicable Me 3

• Get Out

• I, Tonya

• Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

• The Shape of Water

• Star Wars: The Last Jedi

• Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

• Deadpool 2

• Pixar Short Films Collection Volume 3

• Solo: A Star Wars Story

If you don't have any of those, you might want to list which other ones you're having issues with. Perhaps others can try them and see if it's the movies themselves, or something else.

If you do have those, listed one with which you experienced an issue, and exactly how long after you pressed Watch Now, Resume, or Watch From Beginning you experienced the issue.

Oh, that reminds me. If the movies you tried never did play, do you have Watch Now, or do you have Resume and Watch From Beginning as options?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos