Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laarons

Different and wrong local stations on FOXNOW, CBS All Access, and NBC apps

I live in the San Francisco area and have been using Roku to watch local TV for the past few weeks. All of a sudden my FOXNOW channel is now showing the Philadelphia feed while the NBC channel and CBS All Access show the local feeds from Wichita, KS. Meanwhile, the ABC channel is showing the correct feed. I have seen threads with similar issues, but I haven't seen this exact problem where the different channels are showing local TV from different locations.

I've tried resetting my router and Roku and unlinking from and reconnecting to my cable provider (xfinity), but have had no luck.

I went to whatismyipaddress.com and it has my correct location. Iplocation.net shows three locations, one of which is correct. Curiously, one of the other two locations is in the Philadelphia area, but the other location listed is Chicago, rather than Wichita.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
sbevo87

Re: Different and wrong local stations on FOXNOW, CBS All Access, and NBC apps

I live in Central IL and have been getting the local NBC news/programming for several years.  I am now getting the local feed from Wilmington, NC.  It is an issue on both our Roku TV and  Visio TV with a Roku device.  I even tried resetting to factory settings and starting from scratch on the Roku device and that didn't work.  

0 Kudos
Kthealy

I am having the same problem

live near buffalo and now getting news for Pittsburgh and cleveland

has anyone come up with a fix

0 Kudos
Hjschwab

Did anyone ever figure out how to get this fixed? I am now getting Chicago news but I live in Detroit. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

You have to contact the channel provider. They are the ones controlling your location information. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
cody1213

Having the same exact problem on my Fire stick and my roku living in michigan getting Chicago fox... So it's not roku issue.. It's gotta be app issue... Anybody figure this out yet?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @cody1213

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

The channel developer themselves maintains channels on Roku. We suggest reaching out to the channel provider's customer support directly to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos