Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hdrider04
Level 7

Different Episodes on diffent Roku's

Trying to watch Mayan's S1 E2 on my roku stick in the family room and E2 is not listed but on the TV in the Living Room it show's S1 E2, Why can't I watch it in my family room?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Different Episodes on diffent Roku's

What are the model numbers of your Roku players? Just saying Stick isn't precise enough. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
fluke
Level 10

Re: Different Episodes on diffent Roku's

Installing a channel on any device on the same Roku account will install that same channel on all the devices.  However, authenticating a subscription on one device does *NOT* carry over to other devices.

So, if you install FXNOW channel on the Roku Stick then it will also appear on the TV in the Living Room.  This might give the impression other activity will also be copied between the device but that isn't true.

If you use your cable or satellite provider account to activate FXNOW to get full access to the channel on the Roku stick, then that activation is ONLY on the Roku Stick.

I am guessing the Living Room still has the channel in teaser/unsubscribed mode to let you see trailers for free but not be able to see full episodes.  Check around the channel for a Sign In or Activate option.  Once you have the Living Room TV also marked as being in a subscribed state, it should have access to all the same content.

It should also be noted that FX put in their user agreement that using multiple devices at the same time so if you accidently left something playing in one room and then played something from FX in the other room, maybe they enforce the user agreement by automatically de-authenticating one of the devices.  But I am not completely sure how they enforce this rule (if at all).
0 Kudos