Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 18

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

@rjbied  of course I know people who have cable. It seems awful to me

and reminds me why I got rid of it years ago.

Once you get used to Roku theres no going back.

I hate cable theyre are always trying to sell you. many Channels offered wont play

tons of repeats its just awful.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: spectrum app not working

Spectrum told me to get a Samsung Smart TV or google Chromecast inorder to continue to get Spectrum app!  Claim Roku cancelled their contract with Spectrum!

0 Kudos
Level 9

Re: Spectrum TV app not available?

Yes, I contacted the service center. They said the supervisor will call me.

I asked to refund all my Roku devices since it was advertised to support spectrum streaming.

I think Roku decided which app can be download from their app stores.

Level 7

What is wrong with you people???

You still don’t have an app set up for HBO Max! What is wrong with you people? And now, I come to find out that you’re not going to be offering the app anymore for spectrum TV! I just purchased two more Roku devices for Christmas gifts! What is wrong with you people? Maybe I’m going to have to take them back and get a **bleep** Apple TV!

0 Kudos
Level 9

@atc98092 

Use the web site antennaweb.org, enter your address and it provides a pretty clear picture about what channels you should be able to receive and the type of antenna required to receive them. 

Thanks for the link.  I'll look into my antenna possibilities.   I already don't like Spectrum and it's only been one month.   I can't wait for the fiber build out in Port Washington.

0 Kudos
Level 7

It's odd that Roku would drop Spectrum TV.  We purchased a couple Roku devices earlier this week ~12/11 on the recommendation from Spectrum TV as the best hardware to use for Spectrum TV.  We subscribed to Spectrum TV at the same time.  There are 26 million Spectrum TV customers in the US alone.  Spectrum TV recommends this to their customer, so likely generated sales of Roku devices from their customer base.  We will probably return these device and go with another device like Apple TV.  I cannot find Roku customer service.  I'm glad I didn't invest much in these devices.

Level 9

https://support.roku.com/contactus

You can contact them on line or by e-mail

0 Kudos
Level 7

Roku and spectrum app grandfather LIES

Hi there everyone. I have 11 televisions at different places all using Roku and the Spectrum TV app. Roku and spectrum both state that I would be "grandfathered in" and the spectrum app will continue to work on Roku's that already have the app installed. That's Complete BS because I just watched as the Spectrum app on all of my Roku's DELETED right in front of my eyes. Not one of my 11 Roku's currently has the app on it. I have no clue what to do..  

Level 9

Re: Roku and spectrum app grandfather LIES

It happened on my devices also, the spectrum app got deleted automatically.

Level 7

Spectrum and HBO Max Squabbles

In the last couple days I added Spectrum cable service to my package. About 30 min later I found an online article that Spectrum and Roku could not come to terms. I'm also waiting for the HBO Max squabble to play out so I can stop casting from my Android to my TV and stream directly.

I understand that sometimes corporations have to play hard ball with one another to protect their interests. But oddly, I have only seen Roku having these types of fights in the open. Now I need to make a choice between waiting for the Roku fights to finish or to start using my cable service.

My MIL has an Amazon Fire stick and it works great. Sadly I'm going to switch platforms to Fire. It's a pain. I'll need to replace three Roku units and add a fourth....but I'm tired of Roku's fights affecting my ability to watch the content I pay for. 

0 Kudos