Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

Spectrum customer support informed me there is a “contract dispute over interface software” with Roku. So they are liars as well as “fee dispute” money-grubbers. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Cannot find Spectrum TV when searching channels on Roku Ultra LT

This really sucks.  I have multiple Roku's in guest mode, primarily for use with Spectrum.  Now I'm hosed.  Come on Roku, you're not making friends with your customers.  Not so good for your business if I have to replace all of my streaming devices with a different brand.

0 Kudos
Level 9

@atc98092 

Just search spectrum removed from roku. Then read other links where roku is fighting spectrum via the fcc regarding data limits. 

Or keep believing this is one sided. Im not foolish enough to believe this is all Spectrum's fault, nor do I believe its all Roku's but Roku has done this with other providers as well.  Ive had a Roku device for a few days and know this, how dont you?

0 Kudos
Level 21

@tk0084 wrote:

I've had a Roku device for a few days and know this, how don't you?

I don't have any cable service, so I don't pay any attention to them. My Internet access is via DSL by CenturyLink. I have 110 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up, which is fine and dandy. I dropped TCI cable (now Comcast/Xfinity) over 20 years ago and went with Dish Network. I dropped Dish about 8 years ago because we were watching maybe 6 channels out of the hundreds we were paying for. I have a great OTA signal, so local channels are no issue. But we watch almost nothing there either. Mostly we stream my ripped DVDs and Blu Rays from my media server, and I do watch YouTube quite a bit. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Roku has no blame here. I'm sure there's two sides to this. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Level 18

@tk0084 

@tk0084 wrote:

@boogernose 

I truly cut the cord and now I am back to Spectrum. 

Thats nice I dont buy it.

There is plenty of free content with Roku and cheaper options.

They are also in Direct competition with each other Spectrum and Roku.

Do you really believe Spectrum

is interested in playing nice with Roku Streaming?

I also think Spectrum is on the lower end of cable services.

A GReat Deal of the problems herein come from people with lower end Roku's

with shoddy Bundled net connections.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 9

@boogernose 

Believe whatever helps you sleep at night. Clearly you have some reading and comprehension issues to work on as Ive not given 2 stories.  

I cut cable in 2015 or 2016 (comcast, I lived in IL).  Used firesticks and several streaming providers. Moved to WI in 2017 and this month I went back to Spectrum.  I believe both providers are at fault seeing as it takes 2 but Roku has more to lose than Spectrum. Spectrum has already removed mention of Roku as a streaming device from their website.

Keep believing what you need.  Roku will get no additional business from me an many more for this 1 channel. Read all the comments but you wont believe those either lmao. 

0 Kudos

Spectrum TV app not available?

It is now December 14 2020 and Spectrum TV app is still not available on Roku. I purchase Roku Streambar yesterday December 13 2020 under false pretense that Spectrum TV app would be available — little did I know less than 1 week prior, after having been an app on Roku for many years (2015 I read in one advertisement) that Spectrum TV app was now not available to install. 

My Roku community level has gone up, from Level 1 to Level 7 in just the 24 hours that I have been posting here about this — there is apparently a lot of interest in this topic and a lot of unhappy customers. Yet no resolution.

I will continue to fight for my refund from Roku for Roku Streambar with no Spectrum TV app — please contact me for how to send me the refund. Or if Roku make Spectrum TV app available for download and use then I guess that settles it too. @Ravi Ahuja

0 Kudos
Level 10

Re: Spectrum TV app not available?

Your complaint is also with Spectrum, not just Roku.

https://thestreamable.com/news/roku-no-longer-allowing-new-downloads-of-spectrum-tv-app-in-carriage-...

Nobody will contact your about a refund; return the item to the retailer.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I've never had cable.  I live in Chicago and in the beginning there was Comcast and DSL.  I survived with terrestrial TV, DSL and then streaming. Now I have AT&T fiber, streaming and terrestrial TV. Everything i need. 

Now I have a place in Wisconsin where only two choices are Spectrum and DSL.  Terrestrial TV unclear.  DSL speeds too slow.  

Supposed to eventually get fiber, but no time frame. 

I need to investigate a terrestrial antenna.   If it works I'd give a rats ass for Spectrum programming. 

Level 21

@rjbied wrote:

I've never had cable.  I live in Chicago and in the beginning there was Comcast and DSL.  I survived with terrestrial TV, DSL and then streaming. Now I have AT&T fiber, streaming and terrestrial TV. Everything i need. 

Now I have a place in Wisconsin where only two choices are Spectrum and DSL.  Terrestrial TV unclear.  DSL speeds too slow.  

Supposed to eventually get fiber, but no time frame. 

I need to investigate a terrestrial antenna.   If it works I'd give a rats ass for Spectrum programming. 

Use the web site antennaweb.org, enter your address and it provides a pretty clear picture about what channels you should be able to receive and the type of antenna required to receive them. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.