Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Spectrum TV issue

It is spelled Spectrum. Also I have not looked in a while maybe they pulled it from the Roku store? It did not work. I ended up putting in an AppleTV where the Spectrum app works great.

0 Kudos
Level 8

I misspelled.  I put Spectrum.  Spectrum TV.  Spectrum APP and nothing.  It went on my Roku tv but not on my Roku itself on the other TV.

0 Kudos
Level 8

If they pulled it from the Roku store than they should not advertise that it works with Roku.  False advertising at its best.

Level 9

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

So today I decided to back to Vidgo. I had done a trial with them and for what I need they are perfect. They are having a holiday special right now. $10/month for the next two months. Great deal. You can check them out. https://tracking.vidgo.com/SHS.

0 Kudos
Level 9

@boogernose 

I truly cut the cord and now I am back to Spectrum.  I can get a bigger and stronger channel lineup with them for far less than any of the other options that include local TV (YouTube TV, HULU, etc).  They are all up over $60 a month before fees and taxes.  I save money with Spectrum (quite a bit actually) but can't utilize the service because Roku rejected the renewal and removed the channel from their store.  Spectrum has zero control over Roku removing the channel.  I can't speak to the complaints that it stopped working for people because I never got to install it to begin with.

Level 9

@atc98092 

You are wrong.  Spectrum is NOT the only company to have a complaint with.  Roku has as equal a stake in this garbage.  Clearly you are either employed by Roku or think that they can do no wrong.

Roku rejected Spectrum's renewal.  Supposedly this is over fees but search out why and see that there is more to it.  Specifically Roku is trying to block Spectrum's request to the FCC over some data cap issue that happened when the different companies merged.

Level 9

Re: spectrum app not working

@Photorooster 

Firestick does not work with Spectrum.  You can download and utilize Streamium and log into your Spectrum account through that but you will not get your local channels nor will you be able to access on-demand content.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Re: spectrum app not working

@rjbied 

It won't work at all, including as a side load.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Cannot find Spectrum TV when searching channels on Roku Ultra LT

Well that's pretty bull**bleep**ty considering I had the app, and was just trying to reinstall because it was telling me I needed to call to change my subscription (rather than letting me sign in).  

But at least it solves the problem of me trying to search for the app like a crazy person! 

0 Kudos
Level 21

@tk0084 wrote:

@atc98092 

You are wrong.  Spectrum is NOT the only company to have a complaint with.  Roku has as equal a stake in this garbage.  Clearly you are either employed by Roku or think that they can do no wrong.

Roku rejected Spectrum's renewal.  Supposedly this is over fees but search out why and see that there is more to it.  Specifically Roku is trying to block Spectrum's request to the FCC over some data cap issue that happened when the different companies merged.

No, I am neither a Roku employee, nor do I think they're perfect. I have made many posts that point out their shortcomings, and I also work with them as a beta tester to assist with updates and improvements. 

Can you provide documentation that Roku rejected the renewal, or are you taking the work of a Spectrum customer service member? I did a quick search of the web, and only found two articles. One included some info from Spectrum while the other was just the basic information that the channel was removed. There is no comment from Roku in either of them. Both mention that the channel is still supposed to be functional if previously installed on devices. 

No, I don't think it's about anything other than fees. Nothing I could find online indicates this has anything to do with any other issue. I would guess that all streaming providers, both hardware and content, would be against any cable company instituting data caps, as it makes their product more difficult to use. Roku certainly isn't the only one that would try to block something like that. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos