Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

Unfortunately in many geographies there is only a single monopoly provider of high speed cable internet, and I live in one where that is Spectrum. They offered me best deal on skinny bundle live TV, cheaper than YouTube Live TV and many more local and public channels. Sadly hard to watch now, after false advertising that Spectrum TV app would be available on Roku which was determining factor in me buying my first Roku product today December 13 2020 — sad and unfair business practices if you ask me. 

Level 21

@MC13 wrote:

Sadly and frustratingly, it is true. Encourage all effected to complain, post, retweet, like similar posts, etc. every chance one gets and everywhere one can think of. Roku and Spectrum users must get heard.

Spectrum is the only company that you have a valid complaint with. They are the only ones you're paying money for a subscription, and they aren't offering you something they said was available. But it's going to depend on the contract you have with them about their support of such an app. 

You don't pay Roku a monthly fee, and when you purchased your Roku TV it wasn't from them. Roku received a license fee from the manufacturer for proving the Roku OS, but they didn't make the TV.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 9

If you paid by credit card, stop payment and dispute the charge. You did not get the service you paid for. 

0 Kudos
Level 21

@StreambarUser27 wrote:

@atc98092 hi Dan thanks for your intel that spectrum tv app will be available on Roku early next week after contract negotiations finalized.

Can I ask: how certain are you of this positive outcome?

I bought my 1st Roku today December 13 2020 because had read for months spectrum tv app available on Roku. Seems like false advertising to me, I paid Roku for something that doesn’t exist as advertised. I am seeking a refund. 

That was a comment from another user with Spectrum that had a discussion with Spectrum customer support. Of course, that's second hand information, so hopefully the CS rep had accurate information.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 9

You are correct—Totally false and unfair trade practices!  I encourage you to file or post a complaint in any forum or platform available to you, such as Spectrum’s and Roku’s websites, Facebook and Twitter pages.  Ripped-off consumers must make our voices heard. 

0 Kudos
Level 9

Re: spectrum app not working

How about... I DON’T CARE. FIX IT or I’m cancelling SpectrumTV and returning the 65” TCL RokuTV I bought last week. 

Level 18

@StreambarUser27  have you Searched for 'Internet Service Providers' in your area?

what is your specific area. Somewhere there is a coverage map Ive seen., Ill look for it.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk01bnXUZPOKg3wTAxc47B56N4mUaGA%3A1607922889155&source=hp&ei=...

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 9

Re: spectrum app not working

0 Kudos
Level 7

HBO Max and now Spectrum App?

I have been a Roku user for many years now.  I have recommended this device to friends and family, and set them up for my parents.  Once our cable provider when all digital, they required a box in every room if you wanted to watch cable.  Our cable providers charges extra for every receiver.  When I found out Roku boxes could access the cable provider app, plus hbo and so many other apps, I got on board and told everyone.  I've been getting very disappointed lately due to Roku's inability to work with content providers to provide users access to their apps.  I can cite three examples:  Peakcock, HBO Max, and now Spectrum.  Peacock recently got resolved, but HBO Max is on going and now I heard Spectrum is getting dropped.  I ordered my first Apple TV device today.  Apple TV is more expensive, but I'm getting tired of not having access to the apps that I need.  If Roku is worried about revenue, they might want to think about the revenue they will be losing as users switch to other devices.

Level 8

Re: Spectrum TV issue

I can't find the spectrem tv app when I search on roku

0 Kudos