Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Level 15

Re: Spectrum App blocked on Roku

@schr1594 wrote:

Does anyone have any updates on this? I want to buy more Roku devices for my televisions, but it is pointless if I can not use the Spectrum App. Heck this app is why I decided to go with Roku over Amazon even though I have an Alwxa in every room of my house! Very disappointed it takes so long for Roku to make deals with companies like HBO and Charter!

If you activated/used the Spectrum app on a Roku device prior to mid-December last year, you can contact them and they will (verify that fact and) send you a link to download the Spectrum app (again).

Considering the Spectrum just updated yesterday (to 6.5.2), it bodes well for a new agreement sooner rather than later.

0 Kudos
Dave47
Level 7

Re: Who is to blame for Spectrum TV app not working?

You're right, it's probably with parties. I didn't realize this until the other day, I got a notice on my TV that if I removed the Spectrum TV app, I couldn't watch Spectrum TV via my Roku. I have a Spectrum Tv package through my HOA and when the installer hooked up my cable/internet, he told me I didn't need the cable box if I had a Smart TV or other device. My Smart TV is not that new and doesn't always work well with apps. So I bought the Roku, works great.

But as users of Roku we should all be contacting both Roku and Spectrum to resolve this dispute.

0 Kudos
Juliette2
Level 8

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

I talked to Spectrum twice. It is NOT available to new customers right now. Old customers or people with it installed on their Roku previously, it should still work. No response from ROKU on here - disappointing.

0 Kudos
Juliette2
Level 8

Re: SPECTRUM!!

unfortunately Spectrum app not available on FireTV stick either!!

0 Kudos
Charles08
Level 7

Spectrum

Is the spectrum app gone tried searching and factory reset can not pull it up

0 Kudos
brainpup
Level 7

Yeah Juliette2 and chit pisses me off !! now I have no way to get FS1 & FS2 unless I pay out the **bleep** again. I need those channels for NASCAR racing.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 15

@brainpup wrote:

Yeah Juliette2 and chit pisses me off !! now I have no way to get FS1 & FS2 unless I pay out the **bleep** again. I need those channels for NASCAR racing.

Install the FoxSports/FoxNow app(s), then login/activate using your Spectrum credentials - then you'll have access to both.

0 Kudos
brainpup
Level 7

Nope that doesn't work, my Spectrum credentials are now only good for Spectrum Internet. Literally I DO NOT have a TV provider. I have a Roku TV with a set of big rabbit ears and another TV with amazon Fire Stick and a square plastic HDMI antenna...and just having a Spectrum Internet account (even though that bill is still not cheap) doesn't get you FS1 & FS2..cheapest so far offer is for $35 from Sling...

0 Kudos
Vidrine
Level 7

Re: spectrum app not working

Neither of those choices run the Soectrum App.

@Photorooster wrote:

I'm looking into the 4th gen chromecast that has google tv or the amazon fire stick.  Whichever one works is fine with me.  I'd just as soon stick with Roku but ??? 

0 Kudos
brainpup
Level 7

Re: spectrum app not working

Let me know if you can get FS1 & FS2 AND NOT HAVE TO PAY

0 Kudos